Rollovers gottlieb em

I have a Gottlieb Duotrn 1974, the rollover lights will not stay out
when activated.

so, let me see,,,,, do the lights actually leave the game?

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

On lots of these games, certain lights will turn off for a second or
two when the score motor moves. Make sure your game is actually doing
the wrong thing before you try to "fix" it.

pin wrote:
> I have a Gottlieb Duotrn 1974, the rollover lights will not stay out
> when activated.

> have a Gottlieb Duotrn 1974, the rollover lights will not >stay out when activated.

What lights?

Some lights that are supposed to go out (upper lane on most GTB) have
the switch that triggers a relay that trips a set of contacts that are
not reset until the next ball. You can hear these buzz when the switch
is closed.

The easy answer is "switch gap", but we need to know what is going on
with what part first.

Kirb

THE ROLLOVERS HAVE AN ABC SEQUENCE.
EACH ROLLOVER LIGHT IS TO GO OUT AND STAY OUT WHEN THE BALL HITS THE
ROLLOVER SWITCH. WHEN EACH OF THE ROLLOVERS ARE TRIPPED A,B,AND C THE
SEQUENCE IS COMPLETE AND AND A BONUS LIGHT IS TO COME ON AND GIVE A
FREE GAME EACH TIME A DIFFERANT SWITCH IS TRIPPED.
THE PROBLEM IS THE FIRST SWITCH IN THE A-B-C ROLLOVERS WILL NOT
STAY TRIPPED AFTER THE BALL PASSES THE ROLLOVER.

THE ROLLOVERS HAVE AN ABC SEQUENCE.
EACH ROLLOVER LIGHT IS TO GO OUT AND STAY OUT WHEN THE BALL HITS THE
ROLLOVER SWITCH. WHEN EACH OF THE ROLLOVERS ARE TRIPPED A,B,AND C THE
SEQUENCE IS COMPLETE AND AND A BONUS LIGHT IS TO COME ON AND GIVE A
FREE GAME EACH TIME A DIFFERANT SWITCH IS TRIPPED.
THE PROBLEM IS THE FIRST SWITCH IN THE A-B-C ROLLOVERS WILL NOT
STAY TRIPPED AFTER THE BALL PASSES THE ROLLOVER.

>THE PROBLEM IS THE FIRST SWITCH IN THE A-B-C ROLLOVERS WILL NOT
>STAY TRIPPED AFTER THE BALL PASSES THE ROLLOVER.

Most GTBs of this era have a tripped relay bank that gets activated
when the ball rolls over. The relay is located at the top of the PF
underside. These should buzz as long as the switch is closed. I would
investigate these relays and see if one is hung up.

Kirb

BillB

typically, when a rollover switch makes, a coil pulls a piece of metal in
and gravity causes a lever to fall and at that point, the light goes out and
other switches (usually a 6v lamp will light somewhere and another switch
will complete a segment to another relay that sets up the special) allow
current to flow and complete a circuit. in these cases, once that has
happened there is NO way to reverse it EXCEPT for a complete reset of the
switch bank.

check for something blocking the operation of the switch bank.

--
billb http://www.themeatrix.com/
Every man has his price except the honest man. You get him for

"pin" <wickenburger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> THE ROLLOVERS HAVE AN ABC SEQUENCE.
> EACH ROLLOVER LIGHT IS TO GO OUT AND STAY OUT WHEN THE BALL HITS THE
> ROLLOVER SWITCH. WHEN EACH OF THE ROLLOVERS ARE TRIPPED A,B,AND C THE
> SEQUENCE IS COMPLETE AND AND A BONUS LIGHT IS TO COME ON AND GIVE A
> FREE GAME EACH TIME A DIFFERANT SWITCH IS TRIPPED.
> THE PROBLEM IS THE FIRST SWITCH IN THE A-B-C ROLLOVERS WILL NOT
> STAY TRIPPED AFTER THE BALL PASSES THE ROLLOVER.

TRENDING THREADS