im new and in bother. any help accepted!!

i bought a dvd burner and cd_rw my friend put it in for me. but i can't use
it i cant even play a dvd. help. i have a box on the right hand side of
screen and it tells me to drag file i want into it. when i do the pic of a
disc spins and thats all it does. what can i do?
thanks
--
yvonne

You need to install the software that should have come with
the hardware. Windows XP does not support DVD movies or
writing DVDs without additional third-party software.

some support

"mama_smurf10" <mamasmurf10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message

Jim Macklin wrote:
> You need to install the software that should have come with
> the hardware. Windows XP does not support DVD movies or
> writing DVDs without additional third-party software.

Yvonne, you should get something like PowerDVD 6 or WinDVD 7 to watch
your DVDs.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html
http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Profile.jsp

--