everytime I open my spread sheet files, a message pops saying I can only open
one file with the same name. I click ok and everything works fine. I did a
search and found the same file twice, I delete one file and they both are
deleted. Any ideas?

Yes. How about a newsgroup with "works" or "excell" in the name instead of
windowsXP?

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> Yes. How about a newsgroup with "works" or "excell" in the name instead
> of windowsXP?

There are plenty of Excel ngs but you have to spell Excel correctly to find
them.

Rob Graham