Inspiron 8600c and Wacom Intous 2 USB

Anyone out there, who got a Intous 2 USB working on his 8600c?

Syptoms here: After moving the pen out of the tablet range, the tablet
stops working. Works again, if reconnected to the USB. Tablet is OK. It
works flawless on another PC.

best regards
Thorsten

Do you have it connected directly to the 8600 or on a usb hub. If the
hub is not powered that could be it.

You should try the Dell Inspiron Community Forum at Dell's website, Dell
people also respond on all the forums.

Thorsten Trenz wrote:
> Anyone out there, who got a Intous 2 USB working on his 8600c?
>
> Syptoms here: After moving the pen out of the tablet range, the tablet
> stops working. Works again, if reconnected to the USB. Tablet is OK. It
> works flawless on another PC.
>
> best regards
> Thorsten

> Do you have it connected directly to the 8600 or on a usb hub. If the
> hub is not powered that could be it.

It's either directly connected, or connected to the docking station. I
think Power is not the problem.

> You should try the Dell Inspiron Community Forum at Dell's website, Dell
> people also respond on all the forums.

I'll look for it.

best regards
Thorsten Trenz

Thorsten Trenz wrote:
>> Do you have it connected directly to the 8600 or on a usb hub. If the
>> hub is not powered that could be it.

I didn't think it was a power problem either, but its the first thing I
always check. It sounds like a driver issue, or a conflict with drivers.

> It's either directly connected, or connected to the docking station. I
> think Power is not the problem.
>
>> You should try the Dell Inspiron Community Forum at Dell's website,
>> Dell people also respond on all the forums.
>

> I'll look for it.
>
> best regards
> Thorsten Trenz

> I didn't think it was a power problem either, but its the first thing I
> always check. It sounds like a driver issue, or a conflict with drivers.

It's definitely a driver problem. Without installed Wacom driver, it
works in standart HID Mouse mode without a problem. In the meantime I
called the Wacom hotline, but they had no clue :-(
Some people in the Wacom Forum had similar problems, but there seems to
be no solution.

best regards
Thorsten Trenz