Buffer Overrun In JPEG Processing Question

If this is not the proper newsgroup, I'm sorry.

I ran the Micro Trend online security scan and it said I had a critical
vulnerability with my XP. It had a website which I went to and I am at a
lost what I should do.

The only patch that I could find that fit my computer was listed as Windows
Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 -(833987).

Herein lies my problem. I had to re-install Windows XP and I did not install
the SP1. (It is no longer available.) However, I had SP2 on CD and installed
that.

Do you think I will be making a mistake to download the patch without SP1
and would it even solve my problem since I don't have SP1?

Thank you

Pike
2 answers Last reply
More about buffer overrun jpeg processing question

    On Monday 05 September 2005 05:32 pm, Pike had this to say in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > If this is not the proper newsgroup, I'm sorry.
    >
    > I ran the Micro Trend online security scan and it said I had a critical
    > vulnerability with my XP. It had a website which I went to and I am at a
    > lost what I should do.
    >
    > The only patch that I could find that fit my computer was listed as
    > Windows Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
    > -(833987).
    >
    > Herein lies my problem. I had to re-install Windows XP and I did not
    > install the SP1. (It is no longer available.) However, I had SP2 on CD and
    > installed that.
    >
    > Do you think I will be making a mistake to download the patch without SP1
    > and would it even solve my problem since I don't have SP1?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Pike

    SP2 includes all needed patches that were in SP1.

    --
    I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
    No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.

    Thank you.

    > SP2 includes all needed patches that were in SP1.

Microsoft Windows XP