Buffer Overrun In JPEG Processing Question

September 5, 2005 11:32:38 PM

If this is not the proper newsgroup, I'm sorry.

I ran the Micro Trend online security scan and it said I had a critical
vulnerability with my XP. It had a website which I went to and I am at a
lost what I should do.

The only patch that I could find that fit my computer was listed as Windows
Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 -(833987).

Herein lies my problem. I had to re-install Windows XP and I did not install
the SP1. (It is no longer available.) However, I had SP2 on CD and installed
that.

Do you think I will be making a mistake to download the patch without SP1
and would it even solve my problem since I don't have SP1?

Thank you

Pike
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 7:50:21 AM

On Monday 05 September 2005 05:32 pm, Pike had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> If this is not the proper newsgroup, I'm sorry.
>
> I ran the Micro Trend online security scan and it said I had a critical
> vulnerability with my XP. It had a website which I went to and I am at a
> lost what I should do.
>
> The only patch that I could find that fit my computer was listed as
> Windows Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
> -(833987).
>
> Herein lies my problem. I had to re-install Windows XP and I did not
> install the SP1. (It is no longer available.) However, I had SP2 on CD and
> installed that.
>
> Do you think I will be making a mistake to download the patch without SP1
> and would it even solve my problem since I don't have SP1?
>
> Thank you
>
> Pike

SP2 includes all needed patches that were in SP1.

--
I've eXPerienced it. Now I've moved on to a REAL operating system.
No more viruses, malware, spyware and instabilities.

Thank you.

!