Sign in with
Your question

Resolution/(EDID?) problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
December 11, 2010 3:23:07 AM

Hi,

I have a 22" LCD flat screen TV from a small company called linsar, specifically the Linsar L22HDF201.

Link to the specification;

http://uk.shopping.com/Linsar-L22HDF201/info

It can display 1680 x 1050, and I have had that before on my previous installation of windows, (well I had it set at 1600 x 1200 or thereabouts).

Since then I've upgrade my graphics card from an ATI 3850 (due to it dying) to an ATI 4870 and reinstalled windows as well. I'm on XP (service pack 3 with the latest ATI drivers), however now it won't display at anything higher than 1360 x 768.

The graphics card is DVI, with a DVI - VGA connector to hook it up to the television, I've tried changing the Hz rate and upping the resolution and overiding the EDID, as well as reinstalling the latest catalyst drivers multiple times (I also let XP install the generic video drivers that it wants to when you don't install your own to see if that would make a difference), but nothing changes, interestingly though catalyst reports an EDID maximum refresh rate of 75 hz, whereas windows only reports 60 hz and the only way you can change it for windows (which doesn't work) is unchecking "hide modes that this monitor doesn't support", this does nothing though, and catalyst also seems to agree with windows that the maximum reported refresh resolution is 1360 x 768 even though I know that's not the case and have had it higher before.

What can I do to raise the resolution? Is there a driver I'm missing that gives you more resolution options (as I alos have less in general as well as it not being able to display as high).

Thanks.
December 11, 2010 10:17:14 AM

The panel can only do 1680x1050 @ 60hz.
Running it at 75Hz will reduce the maximum resolution if you are running it at that refresh rate.

Try changing the settings on the TV too.
m
l
Anonymous
December 11, 2010 11:49:48 AM

Hiya, no settings on the TV that do anything of any significance that I can see.
m
l
!