When I open Explorer and go into the c:\windows directory, nothing shows. I
have made sure that hidden files are shown and operating system files are
also shown as per explorer options. If I open a cmd window and type "cd
\windows" I can change to the directory, but if I type dir, I get "file not
found" after the listing of "." and ".." If I then type "cd
\windows\system32" I can get to that directory and see it's files with dir.
The weird thing is this system boots, so the files must be there. I just
can't see them.

I have checked the computer for viruses and malware, and found nothing.
Could it be a virus or spyware that's sidestepping these checks? I have
not installed any updates on this machine as I don't want to complicate
things. Please help me out. I am trying to avoid formatting this machine.

Cheers.

In news:%23ZDshLItFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Juan I. Guardia <guard001_removethis_@jguardia.com> typed:

> Bump, again ...

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by this, but it does
nothing here.

Please reply to the newsgroup