Wow! Reproduced Centaur Backglasses!

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:21 AM

Did you guys see these?

http://nikolich.us/backglass/

They sure appear to be unlicensed repros of Centaur and they look pretty
good! He has some other nice stuff on his site too. I am hoping to get one
and lay it next to my brand new repro'd Centaur PF...... as soon as they are
made! :-)

Mike
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:22 AM

just a quick lesson on black market manners...

you don't post it on a newsgroup and expose these guys in public, you
pass the info around in private e-mail and word of mouth. lets try to
HELP these guys and not HURT them ;-)

BUY 'EM UP QUICK FELLAS, THEY LOOK PRETTY GOOD! :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:22 AM

ps- i am not bitching at anyone specific here.

also, can anyone vouch for this guy? a pic on the website of multiple
glasses would help his cred.

if someone can vouch for this guy or his work, please e-mail me
privately.

if someone already ordered one, please pass the word around if it is a
quality product through private channels.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:22 AM

Koz,

I actually agree with you...need to keep this kind of thing 'internal'
for a while.

I am amazed that some people seem to think if I need to get my car
repainted, I would need to buy a "license" to make it appear as
original. Money-grubbing people amaze me................

Mark

Koz Pinlicious wrote:
> just a quick lesson on black market manners...
>
> you don't post it on a newsgroup and expose these guys in public, you
> pass the info around in private e-mail and word of mouth. lets try to
> HELP these guys and not HURT them ;-)
>
> BUY 'EM UP QUICK FELLAS, THEY LOOK PRETTY GOOD! :-)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:22 AM

when will the new centaur pf's be available?

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:28:23 AM

I will vouch for Dan N.
I have seen the glasses and they look awesome. I would get one now
before they run out (He didn't get a lot made). Don't be the guy that
waits for a review from someone else and is too late. I bet if
everyone that is on the fence in this newsgroup about buying
one......would buy one.....he will be sold out in a few days.
Also with all the heat coming down, he will not be making anymore.

>also, can anyone vouch for this guy? a pic on the website of multiple
>glasses would help his cred.
>
>if someone can vouch for this guy or his work, please e-mail me
>privately.
>
>if someone already ordered one, please pass the word around if it is a
>quality product through private channels.
>
>Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Dan in Denver

Click here for my current auctions
http://tinyurl.com/68o72

www.classicarcaderesource.com
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 9:39:27 AM

Dan's top shelf. Trust him as you would me.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Koz Pinlicious wrote:
> ps- i am not bitching at anyone specific here.
>
> also, can anyone vouch for this guy? a pic on the website of multiple
> glasses would help his cred.
>
> if someone can vouch for this guy or his work, please e-mail me
> privately.
>
> if someone already ordered one, please pass the word around if it is a
> quality product through private channels.
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

August 2, 2005 12:04:28 PM

the guy posted here on rgp on sunday:

Subject: FS: Mint Centaur Backglass
From: dnikolich@gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Date: 31 Jul 2005 10:14:08 -0700

For more information please check out:

http://nikolich.us/backglass/

Thanks,

Dan

doesn't say it's a repro, but once you go to the site...

henri

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:51:06 -0700, Koz Pinlicious wrote:

> just a quick lesson on black market manners...
>
> you don't post it on a newsgroup and expose these guys in public, you
> pass the info around in private e-mail and word of mouth. lets try to
> HELP these guys and not HURT them ;-)
>
> BUY 'EM UP QUICK FELLAS, THEY LOOK PRETTY GOOD! :-)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 1:20:31 PM

Mark_in_PA wrote:>
> I am amazed that some people seem to think if I need to get my car
> repainted, I would need to buy a "license" to make it appear as
> original. Money-grubbing people amaze me................

I am amazed that some people cannot seem to grasp a simple subject like
COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT.

- You may paint your car however you wish, in whatever color you wish.
Heck you may reproduce any part on your car, down to the original
manufacters specifications without any problems.
- You may NOT recreate the FORD or GM logo as they are copyrighted (not
to mention trandmarked) pieces of work.
- You may not recreate the "Mustang" symbol, since it's artwork.

Apply this to pinball:

- You can paint your game any color you wish. If you want to sand down
your MM and paint it hot pink -- Wayne, IPB or the easter bunny will
not say a word.
- If you want to recreate the artwork and sell it to the public, your
out of luck. The MM artwork is owned by WMS and they have the right to
do with it as they see fit.

I am not saying this because I like the laws, in fact, I hate them. If
you do as well, then do something about it. Support the EFF, Creative
Commons, etc. Talk to your congressman. Vote.

Again, I don't like the laws the USofA have in place regarding this,
however it IS the law and well within WMS/Gene/Wayne's rights.

bob
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 2:33:35 PM

Web page is gone now...

Gerry Manis.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 2:54:16 PM

Wow, thanks for ruining this hobby, Wayne!

Way to go!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 3:08:59 PM

YELP :(

The page cannot be found
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 3:09:33 PM

YEAH hes a class act isnt he, thanks Wayne
!