Window Update Message.

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete the "Update failed" message in Window 7 Update?
I know I am being a bit of a perfectionist here but if there's a way to get rid of theses "Failed..." messages, I 'll appreciated.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about window update message
  1. if you mean the 'Failed' updates in Update History, only the last month's updates appear according to my history, so I assume they will drop off the bottom eventually...
  2. A "perfectionist" would find the reason the update failed and correct the problem, not sweep it under the rug.

Wife's system would "fail" every attempt to complete service pack 1 update for windows 7. Tried everything recommended, no help. Final solution was to perform a upgrade on my windows 7 (Same version->same Version). This corrected the root problem and allowed the service pack to complete.
  3. dodger46 said:
    if you mean the 'Failed' updates in Update History, only the last month's updates appear according to my history, so I assume they will drop off the bottom eventually...

Thanks dodger46, I hope they will eventually drop off the list.
  4. RetiredChief said:
    A "perfectionist" would find the reason the update failed and correct the problem, not sweep it under the rug.

Wife's system would "fail" every attempt to complete service pack 1 update for windows 7. Tried everything recommended, no help. Final solution was to perform a upgrade on my windows 7 (Same version->same Version). This corrected the root problem and allowed the service pack to complete.

Thanks RetiredChief, actually I got all the updates successfully after the "Failed..." messages, but they still bother me for just being there, LOL.
  5. If you want get rid of theses messages, then open the Window Update, then on the left side click on Change Configuration, then change when to get update messages. You may have to look for updates manually afterwards.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7