GORGAR STENCIL JOB COMPLETE ( PICS )

What can I say? The game looks like brand new. I almost don't want to
sell it but I have to pay the bills ;-)

HTTP://www.classic-arcades.com/Gorgar/gorgar_04.jpg
HTTP://www.classic-arcades.com/Gorgar/gorgar_06.jpg
HTTP://www.classic-arcades.com/Gorgar/gorgar_03.jpg
HTTP://www.classic-arcades.com/Gorgar/gorgar_08.jpg
HTTP://www.classic-arcades.com/Gorgar/gorgar_09.jpg

IT IS ON EBAY RIGHT NOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6198211468

Thanks
Jeff
ClassicArcades Inc.

Nice game, Jeff. And, very nice job on the paint. I think "looks like
brand new" is a little bit of a stretch for the whole game, though.

A few objective pointers / questions, for what they're worth, on the
past few games you've posted:

- If you're going through the trouble of painting the cabinet, why not
at least remove the coin door frame and hopefully the side rails? The
finishing touch would be a lot more professional.

- If not the above, take the extra paint off the metal. Sort of looks
like a car that was masked and had overspray, rather than taken apart
properly :)

- Replace the dirty flipper buttons for a couple bucks. They really
stick out compared to the beautiful new paint.

- Remove the head lock and cabinet bolts before painting. Again, would
just be a little more professional looking.

- Polish that rust off the coin door

Yeah was thinking the same thing. I have a Gorgar that looks better
than this and its all original. We'll see what this brings, I have been
pondering selling mine just waiting for the right timing. I think all
original is better than repainted... But thats just me...

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

I was wondering the same thing. Sure the art turned out nice, from
what you can see in the pics. But come on, how hard is it to remove
the coin door and toss on (2) $1.50 buttons. It just looks like you cut
a lot of corners on what could have been a really class act job. If a
buyer was to look at this and see the job you did in the first pics and
then see the coin door, they may think Hmmmm if he could not take 5
minutes and remove the coin door or tape off the side rails better, how
good is this repaint? What am I not seeing that the pics are hiding?
Not trying to bash you, just trying to offer constructive help for
future projects. I have seen your work before and you do a fantastic
job. Just not sure what happened here.

Mike:

Before you give up on the idea, take a look at this one,
done by Brian Weissmann:
http://www.pinballpal.com/gallery/

Not all cabinet re-paints come out the same.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

<mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote in message
> Yeah was thinking the same thing. I have a Gorgar that looks better
> than this and its all original. We'll see what this brings, I have been
> pondering selling mine just waiting for the right timing. I think all
> original is better than repainted... But thats just me...

As I see pics of my previous KISS I repainted on the pinballpal
gallery page. It made me want to snap a couple more of my most recent
KISS Pinball repaint project. Once again my compliments go to
pinballpal for their awesome cabinet stencils. Keep up the great work
Mark! Thanks for helping bring new life to these old games.

For your viewing pleasure. These were taken last night.
http://www.hassellcastle.com/kiss2/cab1.jpg
http://www.hassellcastle.com/kiss2/cab2.jpg
http://www.hassellcastle.com/kiss2/backbox.jpg

Can't wait for this evening. Time to do the black!

Craig Hassell

2005 Texas Pinball Festival
October 28th-30th, 2005
Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com

Hassell Castle Homepage
Includes information on my games and
the Cirqus Voltaire Owners List:
http://www.hassellcastle.com

> Posted thru AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup <
> http://www.AtlantisNews.com -- Lightning Fast!!! <
> Access the Most Content * No Limits * Best Service <

as others have said, you should probably remove some parts when
repainting and some new flipper buttons would help. a tip for the ball
shooter is to use a brass wire brush to shine it up. always works well
for me.

stevebo