Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 installer freezing with a blue wallpaper-ish screen

Last response: in Windows 7
November 18, 2012 7:25:29 PM

So here's the problem;
I had built myself a new computer, installed win7 (full version), and it worked fine for about 40-50 days untill the HDD failed. So I headed out and got a Western Digital HDD, installed it, unplugged the old HDD, set it up to be the boot drive along with the CD drive. Everything was set up just like the old hard drive. It prompted me for the boot disk, so I popped the disk and got the "Loading Windows files..." screen, got passed the "windows is starting" screen with the orbs, and got to the blue windows set up screen, but with no text or menu. I tried waiting and ended up wasting away an hour and 10 minutes; tried reducing the ammount of RAM, turning off USB acess and messing with the boot drives with the same results. I eventually got impatient and while on the blue wallpaper screen, I opened the disk drive and as soon as the disk stopped spinning, the language set up screen popped up, so I filled those out and clicked next, selected install and I was greeted by a window that told me to insert the windows CD, I closed the disk drive with the disk still inside, it started scanning, and it suddenly froze. I could still move the mouse but got no response on anything I clicked on. The screen just stayed like that and it keeps doing the same thing everytime I try.

I don't know what to do now. I need help!

My new rig's specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 Black Series
RAM: 8GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 550 ti
Motherbord: ECS A780LM-M2
**new HDD: WD Caviar red 1TB

A huge thanks and a cookie to anyone and everyone who can help!
November 18, 2012 7:41:37 PM

Oh hi. Something you might want to try:
1) Clean the Windows install disc
2) Upgrade bios of the motherboard

Usually it is the disc (not so often it could be the disc drive).
m
l
!