hide inactive tray icons button disabled

September 6, 2005 5:13:07 AM

I shutdown my computer and the next day the button "hide inactive tray
icons" was disabled. It's been like that for a few days now despite
rebooting and I can't figure out why. I can't enable it and now I have
my tray icons taking up a lot of space on the task bar. A search on
google doesn't turn up any results.

Does anyone know why this button would be disabled? What should I do?

Thanks
Michael
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:06:56 PM

Michael,

"Hide inactive icons" is greyed out in Taskbar Properties:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/traynotify.htm

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<newsbirdie2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I shutdown my computer and the next day the button "hide inactive tray
> icons" was disabled. It's been like that for a few days now despite
> rebooting and I can't figure out why. I can't enable it and now I have
> my tray icons taking up a lot of space on the task bar. A search on
> google doesn't turn up any results.
>
> Does anyone know why this button would be disabled? What should I do?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:24:55 AM

This fixed my problem. No idea how that got changed but with our
"helpdesk" one never knows. Thank you very much, I book marked the
site for future reference!
September 9, 2005 1:47:49 PM

newsbirdie2@hotmail.com wrote:
> This fixed my problem. No idea how that got changed but with our
> "helpdesk" one never knows. Thank you very much, I book marked the
> site for future reference!

Hi

I missed the earlier posts regarding this can you pass on the solution
please?

Thanks

September 9, 2005 1:51:10 PM

newsbirdie2@hotmail.com wrote:
> This fixed my problem. No idea how that got changed but with our
> "helpdesk" one never knows. Thank you very much, I book marked the
> site for future reference!

sorry I should have said but the problem i face is that I dont have hide
icond selected and yet still some icons hide anyway. is this similar to
what you had?

September 9, 2005 4:08:15 PM

You're welcome!

--