Screensavers and Group Policies

Hi

As a corporate standard we use the Marquee screensaver with a set text.
This text has recently been changed and so I was wondering if anyone knows
how to change the text on everyone else's PCs using group policies or other?
This would save us a load of work in that we will otherwise have to go round
everyone's PC and change the text that is displayed once the Marquee
screensaver is activated.

Many thanks

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

"D@McCIT" <DMcCIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on Tue, 6 Sep 2005:

>Hi
>
>As a corporate standard we use the Marquee screensaver with a set text.
>This text has recently been changed and so I was wondering if anyone knows
>how to change the text on everyone else's PCs using group policies or other?
>This would save us a load of work in that we will otherwise have to go round
>everyone's PC and change the text that is displayed once the Marquee
>screensaver is activated.
>
>Many thanks

Hi

I don't know that it can be done through Group Policy, but a .reg file
would work:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Screen Saver.Marquee]
"Text"="Whatever you want here"

Nightowl