Sign in with
Your question
Solved

2nd monitor size

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 14, 2010 4:08:20 AM

im planning on buying a second monitor and use it to create a multimonitor setup...
currently i have the lg flatron w2243s which is a 21.5'' monitor with native resolution 1920x1080 at 60hz
for second monitor should i buy another 21.5'' monitor?? or can i go higher?
i was planning to get a 24'' with resolution 1920x1200
but ive heard that having a multimonitor setup all monitors have to be same size and resolution or something?
and is it a bad idea to use two monitors in different sizes? :D 
and i do very LIGHT gaming... some heavy games occasionally... but really just occasionally...
kind of want the larger monitor to be able to watch movies in a bigger screen and increase desktop real estate
thanks in advance!
and my os is windows 7 professional 64-bit is this is of any relevance... :D 

More about : 2nd monitor size

Best solution

a b C Monitor
December 14, 2010 12:22:56 PM

If you want to spread a game across both monitors then they must be the same resolution. However I can't recommend gaming on two monitors since the center on the screen would be the bezel.

If you just want two monitors to do desktop work and put windows in. Then monitors of any size is fine.

Also manufacturers have stopped making TN panels at 24" with 1920x1200. TN panels are monitors you see for $200 - $300 for a 24". The only other option are high end IPS panels which has great color and viewing angles among other benefits as well but cost $500.
December 14, 2010 12:59:59 PM

yeah i noticed that there are a lot less 24'' panels at 1920x1200 available than 21.5'' or 22''...
i have no intention of stretching a game across both monitors... but seems like a interesting feature... never tried it before... xD
thanks for the reply... but made another question come to me..
there seem to be quite some models available in 27'' at 1920x1080
i wanted to know how good are they because the seem to have a high pixel pitch for me...
and yes im going for the TN panels...
thanks in advance!
Related resources
December 14, 2010 1:21:32 PM

tomate2 said:
yeah i noticed that there are a lot less 24'' panels at 1920x1200 available than 21.5'' or 22''...
i have no intention of stretching a game across both monitors... but seems like a interesting feature... never tried it before... xD
thanks for the reply... but made another question come to me..
there seem to be quite some models available in 27'' at 1920x1080
i wanted to know how good are they because the seem to have a high pixel pitch for me...
and yes im going for the TN panels...
thanks in advance!

I would go for 24" and use the 21.5" for extra programs and such. 24" is already fairly large in my opinion for playing games.
December 24, 2010 12:42:17 AM

Best answer selected by tomate2.
!