Bear Cave Forum gone ?

Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
longer work for IPB"

Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

To hell with that, just make us Parts!?! OK! "You make the parts, we
shall buy" "You make the parts, we shall buy" "You make the parts, we
shall buy", Im in a trance!~Pinball Bret

I'm not suprised one bit. Their whole operation seemed like a part time
effort with
slow shipping and poor communication. From reading the posts here I kept
thinking
that sooner or later these guys were not going to be with IPB.

--

Rob

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

As per my opinion, the site has been hacked.

Brgds
PinBertl

I would say they must of had a disagreement with Gene, but that would be my
only guess.

If they want they can move it to www.pinball.com

Wayne Gillard

"must have" or in short, "must've"

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Kind of a moot point because the forum was for the BBB project right? If
they don't
work for IPB, then how are they going to get further info on the project?

--

Rob

"Mr Pinball Australia" <sales@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message
>I would say they must of had a disagreement with Gene, but that would be my
> only guess.
>
> If they want they can move it to www.pinball.com
>

> Wayne Gillard

That's a damn good question Lloyd...........I thought maybe I pissed them
off or something and they just banned me............???????

Mike

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Images are still here: http://www.the-bearcave.com/forum/images/
Get em while you can.....

Looks like 2005 is looking to be as bad or worse than 1999 for
pinball, thanks to two egomaniac collecteors. The Gene and Wayne
show continues, but pretty soon the audience will be gone.

There is now a BBB forum on our site you are Welcome to moderate LTG until
we find out what went on??

Must of been sudden as I spoke to IPB yesterday

Wayne Gillard

I get the closed message.

John Wart, jr wrote:
> It appears to be back now..
>

> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> > longer work for IPB"
> >
> > Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

i could set something up on www.pinballmafia.com if you would like, of
course that wouldn't be as flashy and as cool as pinball.com but
definetely easier to register ;)

-c

> Kind of a moot point because the forum was for the BBB project right? If
>they don't work for IPB, then how are they going to get further info on the project?

Were they not working for PMI? Even so, I would be worried about the
bearcave guys getting fired from this project.

I would wait for the fallout before we go speculating again.

Kirb

> stupid hackers.

Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
beforehand to confirm shipping info.

I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
see...

It appears to be back now..

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Metallik is right,

I caught Gene on the telephone this morning as he was walking out the
door. I spoke to him for about five minutes. Gene and the Bearcave boys
had dinner last night. There was a disagreement about money, and
therefore, Bearcave quit. I also garnered the following information:

1. The playfields are undergoing appliance installation
2. The cabinets had/have some issues with holes drilled in the wrong
places
3. The project will be completed
4. Distribution of the games will occur when all are complete
5. Mr. Pinball will soon have exclusive rights to manufacture pinball
machines
6. IPB has perpetual agreement to make parts
7. A letter/announcement will go out to all involved parties when the
project is near completion.

Thanks for the update. It's a shame that we lost the only source of
insider information as I'm pretty sure that IPB wont take the time to
do updates the way that Steve and Bob did.

-c

I've created a BBB forum on www.pinballmafia.net

If people prefer to use Wayne's pinball.com forum i'll close it down.

-CraigC

scratch that, finaly got into the pinball.com's site and see that folks
are already using it.

doh!
-c

metallik wrote:
> > stupid hackers.
>
> Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
> and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
> what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
> come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
> derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
> themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
> LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
> on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
> bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
> beforehand to confirm shipping info.
>
> I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
> weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
> see...

(shakes head)

The only two guys actually working on the project quit? WTF...

Just 2 guys building the 150+ machines? My god, I'm supprised they
took it on. :) Still that gives Wayne 1/2 a chance then...

Ping

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Who knows, maybe thats good for the project???