  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 3:39:08 AM

Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
longer work for IPB"

Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

More about : bear cave forum

August 2, 2005 3:39:09 AM

Trouble in paradise?

nomad
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:39:09 AM

LTG:) ,
I'm calling first thing in the AM,
22
August 2, 2005 3:39:09 AM

To hell with that, just make us Parts!?! OK! "You make the parts, we
shall buy" "You make the parts, we shall buy" "You make the parts, we
shall buy", Im in a trance!~Pinball Bret
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:39:09 AM

I'm not suprised one bit. Their whole operation seemed like a part time
effort with
slow shipping and poor communication. From reading the posts here I kept
thinking
that sooner or later these guys were not going to be with IPB.

--

Rob

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:00:15 AM

As per my opinion, the site has been hacked.

Brgds
PinBertl
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:45:24 AM

I would say they must of had a disagreement with Gene, but that would be my
only guess.

If they want they can move it to www.pinball.com

Wayne Gillard
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:45:25 AM

"must have" or in short, "must've"

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Kind of a moot point because the forum was for the BBB project right? If
they don't
work for IPB, then how are they going to get further info on the project?

--

Rob

"Mr Pinball Australia" <sales@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message
>I would say they must of had a disagreement with Gene, but that would be my
> only guess.
>
> If they want they can move it to www.pinball.com
>

> Wayne Gillard

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:48:08 AM

That's a damn good question Lloyd...........I thought maybe I pissed them
off or something and they just banned me............???????

Mike
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:02:33 AM

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Images are still here: http://www.the-bearcave.com/forum/images/
Get em while you can.....

Looks like 2005 is looking to be as bad or worse than 1999 for
pinball, thanks to two egomaniac collecteors. The Gene and Wayne
show continues, but pretty soon the audience will be gone.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:05:02 AM

There is now a BBB forum on our site you are Welcome to moderate LTG until
we find out what went on??

Must of been sudden as I spoke to IPB yesterday

Wayne Gillard
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:12:13 AM

I dada doin it just toa noyya

Wayne Gillard
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:42:25 AM

I get the closed message.

John Wart, jr wrote:
> It appears to be back now..
>

> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> > longer work for IPB"
> >
> > Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:21:47 AM

i could set something up on www.pinballmafia.com if you would like, of
course that wouldn't be as flashy and as cool as pinball.com but
definetely easier to register ;)

-c
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:26:00 AM

> Kind of a moot point because the forum was for the BBB project right? If
>they don't work for IPB, then how are they going to get further info on the project?

Were they not working for PMI? Even so, I would be worried about the
bearcave guys getting fired from this project.

I would wait for the fallout before we go speculating again.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:45:24 AM

> stupid hackers.

Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
beforehand to confirm shipping info.

I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
see...
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:00:30 AM

It appears to be back now..

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:05:43 AM

Metallik is right,

I caught Gene on the telephone this morning as he was walking out the
door. I spoke to him for about five minutes. Gene and the Bearcave boys
had dinner last night. There was a disagreement about money, and
therefore, Bearcave quit. I also garnered the following information:

1. The playfields are undergoing appliance installation
2. The cabinets had/have some issues with holes drilled in the wrong
places
3. The project will be completed
4. Distribution of the games will occur when all are complete
5. Mr. Pinball will soon have exclusive rights to manufacture pinball
machines
6. IPB has perpetual agreement to make parts
7. A letter/announcement will go out to all involved parties when the
project is near completion.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:12:47 AM

Thanks for the update. It's a shame that we lost the only source of
insider information as I'm pretty sure that IPB wont take the time to
do updates the way that Steve and Bob did.

-c
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:19:04 AM

I've created a BBB forum on www.pinballmafia.net

If people prefer to use Wayne's pinball.com forum i'll close it down.

-CraigC
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:28:20 AM

scratch that, finaly got into the pinball.com's site and see that folks
are already using it.

doh!
-c
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 12:00:21 PM

metallik wrote:
> > stupid hackers.
>
> Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
> and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
> what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
> come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
> derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
> themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
> LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
> on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
> bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
> beforehand to confirm shipping info.
>
> I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
> weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
> see...

(shakes head)

The only two guys actually working on the project quit? WTF...
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 12:55:01 PM

Just 2 guys building the 150+ machines? My god, I'm supprised they
took it on. :)  Still that gives Wayne 1/2 a chance then...

Ping
August 2, 2005 12:57:45 PM

Who knows, maybe thats good for the project???

> (shakes head)
>
> The only two guys actually working on the project quit? WTF...
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:53:56 PM

On 2 Aug 2005 07:05:43 -0700, r.zoboski@comcast.net wrote:

>Metallik is right,
>
>I caught Gene on the telephone this morning as he was walking out the
>door. I spoke to him for about five minutes. Gene and the Bearcave boys
>had dinner last night. There was a disagreement about money, and
>therefore, Bearcave quit. I also garnered the following information:

If the BC boys really cared about money it seems they'd want to sell
stuff.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 2:00:50 PM

Weird, I get it now, too

It had the login screen up for a few minutes earlier this morning... odd

-

metallik wrote:
> I get the closed message.
>
> John Wart, jr wrote:
>
>>It appears to be back now..
>>

>>--
>>http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>>

>>"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
>>>longer work for IPB"
>>>
>>>Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 2:36:38 PM

>If the BC boys really cared about money it seems they'd want to sell
stuff.

everyone has to eat.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:23:25 PM

On 2 Aug 2005 10:36:38 -0700, "kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>If the BC boys really cared about money it seems they'd want to sell
>stuff.
>
>everyone has to eat.
>
>Kirb

Sure. Sell more stuff, more money for food.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:46:48 PM

metallik wrote:
> > stupid hackers.
>
> Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
> and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
> what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
> come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
> derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
> themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
> LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
> on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
> bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
> beforehand to confirm shipping info.
>
> I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
> weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
> see...

New message on the site:

"This forum is closed for good as of August 1, 2005 due to the fact
that we resigned from IPB/PMI. This was due to differences on the Big
Bang Project and many other issues not having to do with money."
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:11:01 PM

In article <1123008408.703067.172920@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Lovrich@gmail.com says...

>metallik wrote:
>> > stupid hackers.
>>
>> Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
>> and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
>> what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
>> come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
>> derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
>> themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
>> LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
>> on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
>> bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
>> beforehand to confirm shipping info.
>>
>> I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
>> weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
>> see...
>
>New message on the site:
>
>"This forum is closed for good as of August 1, 2005 due to the fact
>that we resigned from IPB/PMI. This was due to differences on the Big
>Bang Project and many other issues not having to do with money."

From their main page:

Effective as of August 1, 2005, we are closing Bearcave Games. Please contact
other Bally/Williams distributors for your pinball parts needs.

We have resigned from our positions at IPB/PMI and any involvement with the Big
Bang Bar project.

Anyone who has paid for an order that hasn't received it, please contact us at
(email deleted).
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:13:49 PM

"Any images taken from our site and posted without our permission are
subject to legal recourse by Bearcave Games."

Bwahaahahaha.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:39:48 PM

I guess I'm a bit disappointed in Bob and Steve. My understanding is
they put in MANY hours on the BBB project. I have no idea what
"differences" they encountered with Gene but rather then take their
toys and go home, they could have at least explained to the forum
members a bit of what happened......rather then just shutting things
down. We have, after all, shared this experience together for quite
some time.

I hope things work out for the best.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Lovrich@gmail.com wrote:
> metallik wrote:
> > > stupid hackers.
> >
> > Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
> > and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
> > what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
> > come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
> > derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
> > themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
> > LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
> > on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
> > bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
> > beforehand to confirm shipping info.
> >
> > I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
> > weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
> > see...
>
> New message on the site:
>
> "This forum is closed for good as of August 1, 2005 due to the fact
> that we resigned from IPB/PMI. This was due to differences on the Big
> Bang Project and many other issues not having to do with money."
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:13:23 PM

Hey man, live by the super duper double secret forum, die by the super
duper double secret forum.

Bryan Kelly wrote:
> I guess I'm a bit disappointed in Bob and Steve. My understanding is
> they put in MANY hours on the BBB project. I have no idea what
> "differences" they encountered with Gene but rather then take their
> toys and go home, they could have at least explained to the forum
> members a bit of what happened......rather then just shutting things
> down. We have, after all, shared this experience together for quite
> some time.
>
> I hope things work out for the best.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
> shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
> city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"
>
> (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)
>

> Lovrich@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, it's not a hack. I just spoke with IPB and it sounds like Bob
> > > and Steve are upset over something from the weekend (she's not sure
> > > what). They aren't sure if Bearcave is quitting or not, they haven't
> > > come in yet today to get anything... She assured me that BBB won't be
> > > derailed by this, there are other people in town, plus buyers
> > > themselves offering to help (yeah, we really want these damn machines
> > > LOL) .. but she was sad that there seems to be some disagreements going
> > > on. Not much real info, but it's not a sitehack. There are also
> > > bearcave orders she has ready to ship, but needs to confer with them
> > > beforehand to confirm shipping info.
> > >
> > > I'm thinking/hoping someone just got hot under the collar over the
> > > weekend and it will blow over without anyone actually quitting. We'll
> > > see...
> >
> > New message on the site:
> >
> > "This forum is closed for good as of August 1, 2005 due to the fact
> > that we resigned from IPB/PMI. This was due to differences on the Big
> > Bang Project and many other issues not having to do with money."
August 2, 2005 5:35:34 PM

I have no idea what
> "differences" they encountered with Gene but rather then take their
> toys and go home, they could have at least explained to the forum
> members a bit of what happened......

Those guys are absolutely the type to take their toys and go home.
They have done it a few times....
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:02:52 PM

Care to be a little more specific, Chuck?

I think Bob and Steve have done a fantastic job of running the forum
and the updates. Has Bearcave suffered because of the BBB project? Of
course it has. But as far as BBB goes, they've been great.

chuck wrote:
> I have no idea what
> > "differences" they encountered with Gene but rather then take their
> > toys and go home, they could have at least explained to the forum
> > members a bit of what happened......
>
> Those guys are absolutely the type to take their toys and go home.
> They have done it a few times....
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:24:27 PM

"Kenbo" <Kenbo@NOqsolvJUNKMAIL.com> wrote in message
> On 2 Aug 2005 10:36:38 -0700, "kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>If the BC boys really cared about money it seems they'd want to sell
> >stuff.
> >
> >everyone has to eat.
> >
> >Kirb
>
> Sure. Sell more stuff, more money for food.

They aren't selling their stuff. Selling more or less stuff may not effect
what they get. LTG :)
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:24:28 PM

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:24:27 -0500, "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com>
wrote:

[...]
>> Sure. Sell more stuff, more money for food.
>
>They aren't selling their stuff. Selling more or less stuff may not effect
>what they get. LTG :)

You mean there is nothing in it for them? No wonder they never ship
anything. Capitalism 101.
August 2, 2005 6:46:53 PM

Bryan Kelly wrote:
> Care to be a little more specific, Chuck?

Sure. I thought you hit the nail on the head with your comment because
I felt they acted that way about the BBB updates on their site. Not
that a private forum might not have been called for, just they acted
like children taking their toys.... And I said nothing about their
contribution positive or negative to the BBB project cuz quite frankly,
I don't know what they did.

Hope that answers you question.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:02:48 PM

> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:24:27 -0500, "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
> >

> >> Sure. Sell more stuff, more money for food.
> >
> >They aren't selling their stuff. Selling more or less stuff may not
effect
> >what they get. LTG :)
> >

> You mean there is nothing in it for them? No wonder they never ship
> anything. Capitalism 101.

I'm sure they get a salary. LTG :)
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:48:09 PM

maybe bearcave has finally learned what many of us already knew from
the start...

kissing genes ass gets you nothing but bad breath ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:54:22 PM

i am having a great day, but yours doesn't seem to be going so well ;-)

blow me :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
August 2, 2005 10:02:13 PM

So what with the delivery date contest? Does it still count if they
send "Home BBB Pinball Heath Kits" for people to assemble at home?

nomad
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:19:53 PM

In article <1122991543.540027.61890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<r.zoboski@comcast.net> wrote:
>5. Mr. Pinball will soon have exclusive rights to manufacture pinball
>machines

Wow! I didn't even buy the rights. This is either a gift or a curse from
heaven!

You *meant* to say Wayne Gillard, The Pinball Factory, or otherwise known as
Mr. Pinball AUSTRALIA.

--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

i guess it may have to.

how scary is this pick...

man, he has 4 days for his prediction to come true before the next date
kicks in too! :-)

7/2/2005 jcma...@NO.SPAM.att.net a BBB "kit" is shippped to
those that agree to certain conditions.

oooooohhhhhh! THAT'S SCARY! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:23:10 PM

On 2 Aug 2005 07:05:43 -0700, r.zoboski@comcast.net wrote:

>5. Mr. Pinball will soon have exclusive rights to manufacture pinball
>machines

Does Stern know this yet?
August 2, 2005 11:33:15 PM

> Well my guess was 4/8/05 so I would like to change it to 4/7/06.

I actually believed gene gene's original date.... silly rabbit. No
translite for me.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:59:35 PM

On 2 Aug 2005 18:02:13 -0700, "nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So what with the delivery date contest? Does it still count if they
>send "Home BBB Pinball Heath Kits" for people to assemble at home?
>
>nomad

Well my guess was 4/8/05 so I would like to change it to 4/7/06.

Dan in Denver

Click here for my current auctions
http://tinyurl.com/68o72

www.classicarcaderesource.com
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:42:47 AM

Site now says:
Effective as of August 1, 2005, we are closing Bearcave Games. Please
contact other Bally/Williams distributors for your pinball parts needs.

We have resigned from our positions at IPB/PMI and any involvement
with the Big Bang Bar project.

Anyone who has paid for an order that hasn't received it, please
contact us at bcgames@charter.net.

Revised 8-01-05

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Found this message on their forum "This forum is closed for good as we no
> longer work for IPB"
>
> Any news of what's up ? LTG :)

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:07:21 AM

I still have my Heathkit 19" color TV! Works great too!

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

nomad wrote:
> So what with the delivery date contest? Does it still count if they
> send "Home BBB Pinball Heath Kits" for people to assemble at home?
>
> nomad

      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest