DOOM 3 OUT APRIL 14TH UPGRADE IN MARCH

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just thought I would let those of you who want to play that game what the release date is since I know many people will upgrade their PC's just to play it including myself.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hobbit on 12/23/03 12:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

taitertot

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
The new version on the net says yes. 3-4 month timeline is very realistic.

-taitertot

I carry the legacy of one of your fallen; let us remember him fondly for he is always watching.

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Yes, the sooner the better. Mr C can then focus on more pressing matters, like getting that $10 mil. Hopefully 50 years won't be too late for some of us to finally get killed by an insane AI.

Undeniable facts #81:
Fact that nobody fücks with facts, is a fact thats not fücking factual. Fact of the fücking matter is, lots of fücks like fücking with factual facts.

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have been around just dont hang here nearly as much as I used to. As for ATI I have avoided them for years now but I am thinking of giving them another try for my next upgrade. Probably a mistake no matter what people are saying. I dont like being used as a test monkey for new products and that is what ATI used to do with its POS cards. I guess I will find out in March if they are still up to the same tricks for myself or not. April 14th is the ship date for Doom 3. I wont bother posting direct links since anyone can find that information for themselves if they bother looking. I already have the presale $10 box with the figurine in it from bestbuy. Here is one link though. www.doom3.com :)

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hobbit on 12/23/03 12:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
It'll probably be delayed by another month or so when the time draws near. They always are :frown: . I'd be suprised if it actually arrives on the shelves before the end of may.

Having played the infamous Alpha release, I don't see why I should bother upgrading for it.. Looked fairly nice on my Ti4600 as it is, and the finished version is bound to work better...

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

Abomonog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2003
Just so you all know. Doom3 will be optimised for the GeForce FX chipset. The latest .plan posting from John Carmack even says that the FX chipset will be the only one able to run Doom3 with all it's goodies turned on. It is also expected to be the same with Half Life 2. GeForce FX only if you want to play it with all of it's graphical options turned on.

Hey ATI. This is what happens when you treat the Dev teams like crap. You get left out. Maybe next time id asks for a spec sheet and schematic for an upcoming chipset, you won't be so quick to turn them down. Same thing with Valve, you shut them down and now they're writing for Nvidia exclusively. Good bye ATI. It looked like you were going to come out a winner for a while, but when you planted your nose in the middle of your forehead, you planted yourself in a grave.

Abomonog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2003
Actually, Hobbit's right. ATI used to be infamous for selling OEM quality products as retail, and pushing out chipsets that are just a step or two above prototypes. Now they're doing good about quality, but those early Radeons were pretty bad.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
Probably a mistake no matter what people are saying.

your a dumb ass! they surpass nvidia's cards in just about every way

not like im going to try to convince you. been trying to convince nvidiots for the last 8months, to no avail. soemtimes you just turn around, and walk away.

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
but those early Radeons were pretty bad.

actually , the drivers were bad.

the cards themselves were a work of art. had next generation features, and games would have utilized them if Intel had not changed the specs for DX8 at the last moment.

original Radeon had enviroment bump mapping (at good speeds mind you, something the GF4TI cant pull off) and many other DX8 features, including 1.0vertex shading

mind you, most people dont realize this because the average person is easily overcome by marketing (read: nvidia)

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
The early radeons were great office machine video cards.
But.. nowadays they are even great for video games.

p4 2.8 533fsb
intel mobo
1gb rdram pc 800
radeon9800 pro
120gb seagate s-ata

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yeap

windows gui image quality was better than any nVidia card could offer, and gaming speed was on par if you could get it worknig (which half of the time was a chore)

but as of 2 years ago ATI's drivers are as good as nVidias' , if not better.

-------

G

It is also expected to be the same with Half Life 2. GeForce FX only if you want to play it with all of it's graphical options turned on.
Lol everybody knows that HL2 is ATI ground, why would they bundle HL2 the 9800Xt and 9600XT if it didnt run great on this hardware. Also its Doom3 is a Nvidia the way its meant to be played game so no doubt it will run smooth with the Fx family and probly not that smooth with the 5200/5600 and certainly not with all the goodies on!
My guess is that a even Fx5950 wont be able to run the game at res of 1024 with everything at high...But its juste a guess.

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
STFU you looser. You are a fool spending your life posting useless posts over and over attempting to acquire a useless high post badge because it makes you feel superior or something. Try doing something useful like getting a life.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!