MSN Messenger and Norton Internet Security

Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and activities
menu in conservation windows.

Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to disable
the firewall?

Jayso
3 answers Last reply
More about messenger norton internet security

    See this post in a recent thread in MSN Messenger newsgroup (posted about 10
    days before you posted yours there on 28 Aug-05):
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.messenger/msg/e16ea50a7a28dcf1?hl=en
    --
    MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Jayso wrote:
    > Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
    > Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and
    > activities menu in conservation windows.
    >
    > Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to
    > disable the firewall?

    Thankyou mate

    YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

    Jayso

    Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

    Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
    Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
    jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

    > See this post in a recent thread in MSN Messenger newsgroup (posted about
    > 10 days before you posted yours there on 28 Aug-05):
    > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.messenger/msg/e16ea50a7a28dcf1?hl=en
    > --
    > MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:
    >
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    >
    > Jayso wrote:
    >> Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
    >> Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and
    >> activities menu in conservation windows.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to
    >> disable the firewall?

    YW, Jayso.
    --
    ~PA Bear

    Jayso wrote:
    > Thankyou mate
    >
    > YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

    > > See this post in a recent thread in MSN Messenger newsgroup (posted
    > > about 10 days before you posted yours there on 28 Aug-05):
    > > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.messenger/msg/e16ea50a7a28dcf1?hl=en
    > > --
    > > MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:
    > >
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    > >
    > > Jayso wrote:
    > > > Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
    > > > Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and
    > > > activities menu in conservation windows.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to
    > > > disable the firewall?

Norton Messenger Internet Security Windows XP