MSN Messenger and Norton Internet Security

September 7, 2005 2:12:42 AM

Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and activities
menu in conservation windows.

Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to disable
the firewall?

Jayso
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:12:43 AM

See this post in a recent thread in MSN Messenger newsgroup (posted about 10
days before you posted yours there on 28 Aug-05):
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.mes...
--
MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Jayso wrote:
> Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
> Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and
> activities menu in conservation windows.
>
> Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to
> disable the firewall?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:23:41 PM

Thankyou mate

YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

> See this post in a recent thread in MSN Messenger newsgroup (posted about
> 10 days before you posted yours there on 28 Aug-05):
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.mes...
> --
> MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>
> Jayso wrote:
>> Ok, in the Messenger newsgroups, i've established that Norton Internet
>> Security is stopping Messenger from connecting the games menu and
>> activities menu in conservation windows.
>>
>> Does anyone know a way to get these menus to work without having to
>> disable the firewall?

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:14:51 PM

YW, Jayso.