Can I use a Japan 100v DJ Mixer in Canada (110v - 120v)

Hello there,

I was given (as a gift) a Japan model Technics DJ Mixer. On the back it says 100v. I know here in Canada we use 110/120v.

Is it safe to just plug it in or do I really need a step down converter? I mean 110v to 100v does not seem like much but is it enough to damage the unit?

Reason I ask is I have been doing some reading and some say yes and others say no. Does anyone have the background to actually really know?

Thanks in advance everyone!
2 answers Last reply
More about japan 100v mixer canada 110v 120v
  1. you need to step it down to 100 volts. The overvoltage will overheat the mixer power supply. It will work for a while, then fail.
  2. Did a quick check and my outlet is 120.5v. Way too high to try. More then 10v varieance is a little too much.

    Found a plug in walk type for $30 with shipping. Worth it.

    Thx for your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Converter Audio