Wireless printing with unattached printer?

mcc33

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
I've installed the printer software on my laptop and successfully tested the ability to print when connected via USB. I also added the computer as a wireless connection.

When I try to print wirelessly, nothing happens. The document just sits in the queue.

I do not currently have the printer hooked up to anything but power. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to print without a computer attached to the printer? If not, how can I troubleshoot this? Printer is HP c3180 AIO and laptop is HP Pavilion DV6.

Thanks!

skaz

Distinguished
I don't see anything stating this printer is a wireless printer. I assume, it is not a wireless printer?

If it's not a wireless printer, or if the printer is in no way connected to your network, you won't be able to printer to it.

skaz

Distinguished
Uninstall the driver, then reinstall the driver. It installed drivers with the assumption of a hardwired connection, because you initially had a hardwired connection.

Also, what I meant by I didn't see anything stating it was a wireless printer was that when I look up the specs for your printer I don't see anything labeling it as a wireless printer.