Sign in with
Your question

Wireless printing with unattached printer?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 18, 2012 11:47:15 PM

I've installed the printer software on my laptop and successfully tested the ability to print when connected via USB. I also added the computer as a wireless connection.

When I try to print wirelessly, nothing happens. The document just sits in the queue.

I do not currently have the printer hooked up to anything but power. Am I wrong in thinking I should be able to print without a computer attached to the printer? If not, how can I troubleshoot this? Printer is HP c3180 AIO and laptop is HP Pavilion DV6.

Thanks!
November 18, 2012 11:53:27 PM

Yes, I'm sorry. It is a wireless printer.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2012 11:54:01 PM

I don't see anything stating this printer is a wireless printer. I assume, it is not a wireless printer?

If it's not a wireless printer, or if the printer is in no way connected to your network, you won't be able to printer to it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2012 12:15:09 AM

Uninstall the driver, then reinstall the driver. It installed drivers with the assumption of a hardwired connection, because you initially had a hardwired connection.

Also, what I meant by I didn't see anything stating it was a wireless printer was that when I look up the specs for your printer I don't see anything labeling it as a wireless printer.
m
l
!