"Show" Desktop (not folder)

Hi there,

My Desktop icon on my Quick Launch bar opens Explorer with the Desktop
element selected. Can anyone tell me what I need to do get it to just
"show" the Desktop (ie minimise all open windows)?

Thanks

John
4
answers
Last reply
More about show desktop folder

    Excellent. Thanks guys.

    John

    "John" <Johnsickofspam@aol.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > My Desktop icon on my Quick Launch bar opens Explorer with the Desktop
    > element selected. Can anyone tell me what I need to do get it to just
    > "show" the Desktop (ie minimise all open windows)?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    John,

    Re-create the Show Desktop.SCF file. Open Notepad and type the following
    lines:

    [Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop

    Save the file as "Show Desktop.SCF" with quotes, and place it here:

    %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    (Type in Start, Run)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "John" <Johnsickofspam@aol.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > My Desktop icon on my Quick Launch bar opens Explorer with the Desktop
    > element selected. Can anyone tell me what I need to do get it to just
    > "show" the Desktop (ie minimise all open windows)?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Try this:
    How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q190/3/55.asp

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:19:50 +0100, "John" <Johnsickofspam@aol.net>
    wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >My Desktop icon on my Quick Launch bar opens Explorer with the Desktop
    >element selected. Can anyone tell me what I need to do get it to just
    >"show" the Desktop (ie minimise all open windows)?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:19:50 +0100 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, John favored us with...

    > My Desktop icon on my Quick Launch bar opens Explorer with the Desktop
    > element selected. Can anyone tell me what I need to do get it to just
    > "show" the Desktop (ie minimise all open windows)?

    Windows+D keys simultaneously

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

Internet Explorer Desktops Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP