dw

Hi, I've repartitioned, reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Before I call
to have XP reactivated over the phone, would someone please be able to
confirm that the configuration is OK as it is?

I have 200g drive -

c: (System) Primary Partition (not able to be marked as Active - option
is dimmed)??
d: DVD RW
e: Primary Partition (can be marked as Active)
f: Primary Partition (can be marked as Active)
unallocated space

should I be able to mark c: as Active? None are noted as Boot or MBR. The
first partition was created and formatted in XP setup (I was not given any
opportunity to mark the partition as Active in Setup). The two remaining
partitions were created and formated from Disk Management after XP was
installed.

Sorry but this partitioning and formatting stuff is all new to me. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

DeeDee

bambi

Deedee,
The option is dimmed out because it is already the Active partition. You
can only set 1 Active partition at a time. When you set one of the 2 other
partitions in Active, Windows XP will not boot.

"dw" wrote:

> Hi, I've repartitioned, reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro. Before I call
> to have XP reactivated over the phone, would someone please be able to
> confirm that the configuration is OK as it is?
>
> I have 200g drive -
>
> c: (System) Primary Partition (not able to be marked as Active - option
> is dimmed)??
> d: DVD RW
> e: Primary Partition (can be marked as Active)
> f: Primary Partition (can be marked as Active)
> unallocated space
>
> should I be able to mark c: as Active? None are noted as Boot or MBR. The
> first partition was created and formatted in XP setup (I was not given any
> opportunity to mark the partition as Active in Setup). The two remaining
> partitions were created and formated from Disk Management after XP was
> installed.
>
> Sorry but this partitioning and formatting stuff is all new to me. Any
> assistance would be appreciated.
>
> DeeDee

dw

Thanks.