I d/l SP2 but did not install it. Decided to wait untill wrinkles are
ironed out, Meantime at every boot up a message say "Updates are ready
to install". How to rid computer of this down.load?

There is not much point in waiting "untill wrinkles are ironed out"
unless you actively researching possible issues on your computer.
The SP-2 you have now will be identical to SP-2 in several months.

You need to research your particular configuration then verify your
computer is prepared for SP-2:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm

Jupiter Jones

<fletch13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I d/l SP2 but did not install it. Decided to wait untill wrinkles are
> ironed out, Meantime at every boot up a message say "Updates are
> ready
> to install". How to rid computer of this down.load?

<fletch13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I d/l SP2 but did not install it. Decided to wait untill wrinkles are
> ironed out, Meantime at every boot up a message say "Updates are ready
> to install". How to rid computer of this down.load?

Install SP2 now as there are no important improvements or fixes needed.

BigJim

before you install backup all your important data files.
I updated sp1 and lost the print spooler and sound
so I did a fresh install and now all are working fine
but don't go by me I think my original install was
getting flaky anyway.