Today's Darwin Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this story yesterday as well. My first thought was "irony," but it is an unfortunate event. I understand why some like to ride without helmets and such, not to mention that I believe it should be their choice to make, but riding with a helmet falls under the realm of common sense for me.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Totally agree, Kevin.

My brother's an avid biker, and he's wrecked a couple times, badly, completely totaling two bikes. One accident resulted in a severe concussion, along with countless scrapes, cuts, and contusions. The helmet he was wearing actually had a 2-inch crack in it. If he hadn't been wearing it, he probably would have died.

By many measures, motorcycling is unsafe to begin with. You'd think anyone who values their own life and/or the lives of their family members would be smart enough to take every precaution possible while riding, starting with a helmet.

Easy.jpg

But it does look good tho

I saw that also. I am totally against helmet laws for adults. But I am a near rabid proponent of helmets, real helmets - not just the token helmets you see a lot of Harley riders wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.