I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug 1,
2005 the file would be delete in this folder.

Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
than todays date.

Thank You.

Hi

In a specific folder or globally over several hard disks/partitions?

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"JeffH13" <jeffh13@msn.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
> are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug
> 1,
> 2005 the file would be delete in this folder.
>
> Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
> would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
> than todays date.
>
> Thank You.

On one hard drive in a specific folder.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> In a specific folder or globally over several hard disks/partitions?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "JeffH13" <jeffh13@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
> > are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug
> > 1,
> > 2005 the file would be delete in this folder.
> >
> > Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
> > would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
> > than todays date.
> >
> > Thank You.

"JeffH13" <jeffh13@msn.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
> are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug
> 1,
> 2005 the file would be delete in this folder.
>
> Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
> would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
> than todays date.
>
> Thank You.

Suggest you look in alt.msdos.batch.nt - a FAQ there, last answered July
29th....

HTH

....Bill

I have looked over the information there. I don't get it. I'm going to need
a little spoon feeding.

Thanks

"billious" wrote:

> "JeffH13" <jeffh13@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
> > are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug
> > 1,
> > 2005 the file would be delete in this folder.
> >
> > Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
> > would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
> > than todays date.
> >
> > Thank You.
>
> Suggest you look in alt.msdos.batch.nt - a FAQ there, last answered July
> 29th....
>
> HTH
>
> ....Bill

Sorry I found it.

"billious" wrote:

> "JeffH13" <jeffh13@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I need to create a batch file to delete files that are "tiger*.*" and that
> > are older than 30 days from todays date. So if a file was created on Aug
> > 1,
> > 2005 the file would be delete in this folder.
> >
> > Is it possible to create a batch file that I could schedule to run. That
> > would search out and delete file that are 'tiger*.* and are 30 days older
> > than todays date.
> >
> > Thank You.
>
> Suggest you look in alt.msdos.batch.nt - a FAQ there, last answered July
> 29th....
>
> HTH
>
> ....Bill

Where is this site?

> Where is this site?

It's a newsgroup - same as microsoft.public.windowsxp.general is a
newsgroup.

Essentially, it boils down to ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip which
is Professor Timo Salmi's NT-batch tips list.

alt.msdos.batch.nt may not be carried by your news server - your ISP should
be able to fix that (It's a group dedicated to batch methods for NT/2K/XP)
but if you are interested in batch methods, newsgroups alt.msdos.batch or
microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin may be useful, too.

HTH

....Bill