You sure can tell when the USA is up

bill

I must have missed it when did the US go down?

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>
> Alias

Sorry Alias it is not USA that the majority of Spam comes from. If it were
you would see abuse headers in most of it. No. It is East Asian contries.
Folow the links to the root of the server and then use Neo Trace to
determine the location of where the Server is. China I bet you.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>
> Alias

In article <ua6n#IvsFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, aka@[notme]
maskedandanonymous.org says...
> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.

Hmmm, I've seen most of it hitting our servers from outside the USA.
That's one reason we've taken to blocking most foreign subnets :)

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Here is a spoof I just received:

82.182.41.47

now check this out and tell me if you can tell where it is from. If you
want to see the spoof (don't worry spoofers don't put malware in their links
because they don't want to risk your Net security disabling the link) then
add this to the end:

/.../www.afbank.com/index.php

and of course http:// in the front. Just as I have written it the ... is
correct (it's UNIX) and only the one / after the IP address.

My point here is that I have never seen a spoof originating from the USA and
I have looked at 159. I keep them to see when or if they ever go down. The
vast majority are from schools in Eastern Asian Countries. Then web hosting
sites. But those are in Eastern Europe normally, since China doesn't really
have Web Hosting sites. Theirs are normally from schools or governmenmt
affiliated enterprises. Remember China is a communist country so everything
from there not a school is done by government officials. So there you go.
Who are the spammers? - The Chinese Government or Chinese students of course
with the permission of their instructors.

The one I gave you is a Web Hosting site. It won't last long.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is a spoof I just received:
>
> 82.182.41.47
>
> now check this out and tell me if you can tell where it is from. If you
> want to see the spoof (don't worry spoofers don't put malware in their
> links
> because they don't want to risk your Net security disabling the link) then
> add this to the end:
>
> /.../www.afbank.com/index.php
>
> and of course http:// in the front. Just as I have written it the ... is
> correct (it's UNIX) and only the one / after the IP address.
>
> My point here is that I have never seen a spoof originating from the USA
> and
> I have looked at 159. I keep them to see when or if they ever go down.
> The
> vast majority are from schools in Eastern Asian Countries. Then web
> hosting
> sites. But those are in Eastern Europe normally, since China doesn't
> really
> have Web Hosting sites. Theirs are normally from schools or governmenmt
> affiliated enterprises. Remember China is a communist country so
> everything
> from there not a school is done by government officials. So there you go.
> Who are the spammers? - The Chinese Government or Chinese students of
> course
> with the permission of their instructors.
>
> The one I gave you is a Web Hosting site. It won't last long.

Most of the spam comes from compromised computers. Due to the high piracy
rate in China there are more compromised computers there, i.e. more non SP2
computers in China. Most of the web sites are in Eastern Europe because the
ISP's don't pull the site if there are abuse complaints. If you follow
thorugh to who is actually doing the advertising and where the money ends up
it is mostly in the US.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry that may be I just have never been able to follow the money.
All I have been able to do is follow the IPs.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Here is a spoof I just received:
> >
> > 82.182.41.47
> >
> > now check this out and tell me if you can tell where it is from. If you
> > want to see the spoof (don't worry spoofers don't put malware in their
> > links
> > because they don't want to risk your Net security disabling the link)
then
> > add this to the end:
> >
> > /.../www.afbank.com/index.php
> >
> > and of course http:// in the front. Just as I have written it the ...
is
> > correct (it's UNIX) and only the one / after the IP address.
> >
> > My point here is that I have never seen a spoof originating from the USA
> > and
> > I have looked at 159. I keep them to see when or if they ever go down.
> > The
> > vast majority are from schools in Eastern Asian Countries. Then web
> > hosting
> > sites. But those are in Eastern Europe normally, since China doesn't
> > really
> > have Web Hosting sites. Theirs are normally from schools or governmenmt
> > affiliated enterprises. Remember China is a communist country so
> > everything
> > from there not a school is done by government officials. So there you
go.
> > Who are the spammers? - The Chinese Government or Chinese students of
> > course
> > with the permission of their instructors.
> >
> > The one I gave you is a Web Hosting site. It won't last long.
> >

> Most of the spam comes from compromised computers. Due to the high piracy
> rate in China there are more compromised computers there, i.e. more non
SP2
> computers in China. Most of the web sites are in Eastern Europe because
the
> ISP's don't pull the site if there are abuse complaints. If you follow
> thorugh to who is actually doing the advertising and where the money ends
up
> it is mostly in the US.
>
> Kerry

Alias

"Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote

>I must have missed it when did the US go down?
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote

>> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>>
>> Alias

Up out of bed, of course. Note I said "is up", not "go up".

Now as to when the USA "went down", that happened when Kennedy was murdered.

Alias

Alias

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote

> Sorry Alias it is not USA that the majority of Spam comes from.

All the studies I have seen say that the USA is the main source of spam in
the world.

> If it were
> you would see abuse headers in most of it. No. It is East Asian
> contries.
> Folow the links to the root of the server and then use Neo Trace to
> determine the location of where the Server is. China I bet you.
>
> --
> George Hester

When the USA is asleep I get no spam to speak of and China is awake. When
the USA starts waking up, so does the spam. The Chinese must just like you,
George.

Alias
> _________________________________
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>>
>> Alias

Well I am not Chinese and I don't do spam. But what I told you is true.
Try what I told you to do. You'll see. Again I am not talking about the
originating email servers I am talking about the links you will find in the
spam. That is where the spam is coming "from." If you do not have Neo
Trace try this:

http://www.samspade.org/t/

You enter the domain of the links in the spam. That is where it is coming
from.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > Sorry Alias it is not USA that the majority of Spam comes from.
>
> All the studies I have seen say that the USA is the main source of spam in
> the world.
>
> > If it were
> > you would see abuse headers in most of it. No. It is East Asian
> > contries.
> > Folow the links to the root of the server and then use Neo Trace to
> > determine the location of where the Server is. China I bet you.
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
>
> When the USA is asleep I get no spam to speak of and China is awake. When
> the USA starts waking up, so does the spam. The Chinese must just like
you,
> George.
>
> Alias
> > _________________________________
> > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> >> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
> >>
> >> Alias

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You have obviously missed all of the documentaries on the
Kennedys...there's sooooo much you don't know.

> "Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote
>
>>I must have missed it when did the US go down?
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote
>
>>> cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>>>
>>> Alias
>
> Up out of bed, of course. Note I said "is up", not "go up".
>
> Now as to when the USA "went down", that happened when Kennedy was
> murdered.
>
> Alias

Alias

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
>>> You control your own destiny. I have one *Throw Away* address I use for
>>> ordering online and getting the needed confirmations. A message rule
>>> that
>>> requires my address, and only my address, to be in the To line,
>>> eliminates most Spam.
>>
>> How do you do that? I have a user created folder and a rule stating that
>> mail that has my real address be sent there and a lot of spam, though not
>> all, ends up in the Inbox.
>
> Where the To line contains people
> Delete it from the server
> Click on Contains People and add one at a time all letters and numbers
> that are *not* in your address.
>
> A majority of Spam is sent to more than one address, and this rule
> eliminates that part.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~

Thanks, Bruce.

Alias

Alias

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote

> Well I am not Chinese and I don't do spam. But what I told you is true.
> Try what I told you to do. You'll see. Again I am not talking about the
> originating email servers I am talking about the links you will find in
> the
> spam. That is where the spam is coming "from." If you do not have Neo
> Trace try this:
>
> http://www.samspade.org/t/
>
> You enter the domain of the links in the spam. That is where it is coming
> from.
>
> --
> George Hester

Do you really think I am going to take the time and check each spam I get,
write it down, and then report back to you? Let's just leave it at China and
the USA are the biggest spammers in the world, OK? One of the biggest
spammers that was making 750,000 US Dollars a month was recently tried,
convicted and sentenced. He was from the USA, not China.

Alias
> _________________________________
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote
>>
>> > Sorry Alias it is not USA that the majority of Spam comes from.
>>
>> All the studies I have seen say that the USA is the main source of spam
>> in
>> the world.
>>
>> > If it were
>> > you would see abuse headers in most of it. No. It is East Asian
>> > contries.
>> > Folow the links to the root of the server and then use Neo Trace to
>> > determine the location of where the Server is. China I bet you.
>> >
>> > --
>> > George Hester
>>
>> When the USA is asleep I get no spam to speak of and China is awake. When
>> the USA starts waking up, so does the spam. The Chinese must just like
> you,
>> George.
>>
>> Alias
>> > _________________________________
>> > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

Alias I don't expect you to do anything that will cause you to be ill. I'm
just pointing out that if you want to verify your assertuion it can be done
without resorting to 3rd party information. It can be done by checking the
spam you get. If you don't want to do that then Galileo would be very
unhappy with you. But as for me I don't really care.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> <snip>

>>> Where the To line contains people
>>> Delete it from the server
>>> Click on Contains People and add one at a time all letters and numbers
>>> that are *not* in your address.
>>>
>>> A majority of Spam is sent to more than one address, and this rule
>>> eliminates that part.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> Thanks, Bruce.
>>
>> Alias
>>

> YW.
>
> One more I forgot.
>
> If the CC line contains
> Delete it from the server
> Add the @ sign.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~

I can't do that as I get business ccs all the time.

Alias

Alias

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is a spoof I just received:
>
> 82.182.41.47

82.182.41.47 SESWEDEN --SCREAM-BOSTREAM-NET

> now check this out and tell me if you can tell where it is from.

Sweden.

> Thanks Kerry that may be I just have never been able to follow the money.
> All I have been able to do is follow the IPs.

Google for spam + economics. There's a ;ot to wade through but it's
intersting reading.

Kerry

> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Kerry that may be I just have never been able to follow the money.
>> All I have been able to do is follow the IPs.
>>

> Google for spam + economics. There's a ;ot to wade through but it's
> intersting reading.

It would be nice if OE's spellchecker worked properly :)

Kerry

Alias

I don't care for politicians, don't get me wrong and Kennedy was no saint.
He did, however, have the ability to motivate the American people in a
positive direction, something no president has been able to equal since.

Cody

"Bob" <robertredferd@tinseltown.hollywood.net> wrote

> OE 6 does not, and never has, come with it's own spell check. You need
> Word or an MS Office program. Or you can download a free spell check at
> one of these sites.

LOL I know that OE doesn't have a built in spellchecker. I have Office on
the system. I was referring to the fact that if you reply inline or bottom
post the spellchecker doesn't work properly. You have to highlight the text
then check it. I know there are other newsreaders but for text groups I
prefer the way OE displays the threads.

Kerry

>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>>

>>> OE 6 does not, and never has, come with it's own spell check. You need
>>> Word or an MS Office program. Or you can download a free spell check at
>>> one of these sites.
>>>

>> LOL I know that OE doesn't have a built in spellchecker. I have Office on
>> the system. I was referring to the fact that if you reply inline or
>> bottom post the spellchecker doesn't work properly. You have to highlight
>> the text then check it. I know there are other newsreaders but for text
>> groups I prefer the way OE displays the threads.
>>
>> Kerry
>>

> I use the free Spell Check available at the link below. It can be set to
> ignore previous text.
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Kerry

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:49:54 +0200, "Alias"
<aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:

>cause that's when all the spam starts arriving.
>
>Alias

I live in the USA and most of my spam comes into my mail overnight
when I am asleep.

That sounds interesting. thanks.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Kerry that may be I just have never been able to follow the
money.
> > All I have been able to do is follow the IPs.
> >

> Google for spam + economics. There's a ;ot to wade through but it's
> intersting reading.
>
> Kerry

I never seen it work. Just a bunch of fluf that means nothing as far as I
can tell.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

> > "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thanks Kerry that may be I just have never been able to follow the
money.
> >> All I have been able to do is follow the IPs.
> >>

> > Google for spam + economics. There's a ;ot to wade through but it's
> > intersting reading.
> >

> It would be nice if OE's spellchecker worked properly :)
>
> Kerry

I think Clinton did and so did Reagan the father of the Modern Conservative
Movement as it exists right now in the USA.

--
George Hester