A Laptop for djing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrosol

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Hello, i'm Alex and i'm new to the forums.
I've recently decided, after being a producer for some time, to start djing. To keep the expense to a minimum, i have decided to go all the way digital, so the laptop will do most of the work. Problem is: i have to buy that laptop.
After initially being kind of sure that i wanted an i5 based one(in particular there was a 520m that looked cool for the price), and after getting a bit unsure about spending 800 euro for it(i live in Italy), i started to wonder if i really need all that, considering i do not want to buy a new one for a long time, or if it would be wiser to spend a hundred euros less, if not more, and get an i3.
I do not want to play games on it nor do video editing or photoshopping. I don't need to buy a soundcard with it because the midi controller also is an audio interface.
Size of the monitor is important, a 17" would be good but i don't see many good offers with that.
Thanks in advance for your advices.

Electrosol

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Thank you mate.
What bugs me about Dell is that to have the kind of assistance Asus gives you, you have to pay an extra, or else you get one year(instead of two) of basic support.
Anyway, i've found a Samsung laptop that looks just cool for the price(571 euros)
i3 chip
17,3 led hd+(whatever that means) screen (1600x900)
4gb ddr3
6 cells batteries(is that good or bad?)
500gb HD(5400 rpm)

Is it cool as it looks or is there some sort of trick?
Thanks a bunch :)

Electrosol

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
graphic card is "Intel GMA HD Shared". can that be an issue even if i don't do any gaming? difficult to find infos about it on google.

just to clarify the two questions you had about that system:
1) LED HD means that the display uses LEDs instead of the typical LCD + Backlight display. LED screens generally provide better pictures, are lighter and use less battery power than a typical LCD. The HD part means that the display is capable of handling HD content up to 720p (it's just shy of handling the full HD 1080p).

2) 6 cell batteries are kinda middle of the road. Generally, the more "cells" the battery has the longer your battery life will be. As in a 9-cell will give longer life than a 6-cell. It's not an exact representation of your battery life though since every system will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.