Closed

Boston Pinball?

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 5:05:23 PM

Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?

Thanks,
-Mark.

More about : boston pinball

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:05:24 PM

In short, no.

And Jillians doesn't have pinball anymore.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:05:24 PM

The closest place I know of is Salem Willows.
August 2, 2005 5:05:24 PM

So as you've gathered, the answer is pretty much a resounding "no"
unless you feel like driving a ways from the city.

Salem Willows is probably your best bet, and is about a 30-45 min drive
north-ish of Boston.

If you like early 80's games, you're welcome to play at my apartment in
Cambridge.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:05:24 PM

Not sure if it qualifies as a "great" place to play pins, but there is
one that I know of. It is called Kings and is attached to the Deville
Lounge. Kind of a '50s retro-cool hipster-doofus kind of place. Has a
great bar area, pool tables, bowling lanes, big screen tv's and a few
pins/vids. I don't recall the titles, but IIRC they had TAF, TSPP, and
Flintstones several months ago. Average condition, but basically
playable. It is located on Scotia St. in the Back Bay area...near
Newbury St.

Ted
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 5:10:29 PM

In article <1123006015.528355.323390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com says...
> In short, no.
>
> And Jillians doesn't have pinball anymore.

Hey-zoos.

-Mark.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:29:01 PM

I agree with Mr. Lyons, absolutely none . Salem Willows has about 8 and
in good shape , but none of the EM's that they used to have .
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:34:51 PM

Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
Boston.

On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:

NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS

DR
pinballdoctor.com
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:21:46 PM

Hey Doc!

You need to ad pics to your site of the new Ballys you've aquired.

Tim

Dr. Dave wrote:
> Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
> shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
> You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
> Boston.
>
> On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:
>
> NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS
>

> DR
> pinballdoctor.com
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:08:41 PM

Acton Bowladrome, 25 miles out, which takes 35 minutes midday and anhour
plus during rush hour. Intersection of 111 and 27. Generally 4 or 5
machines in relatively decent shape.

In article <MPG.1d5971de8ebddcbd9896c7@offnetwork-news.visi.com>,
Mark Teskey <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote:

> Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
> days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
> area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mark.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 10:22:05 PM

Mark Teskey <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote:
: Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
: days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
: area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?

Jillians put bowling on the 3rd floor, moved the pool tables to the 2nd,
and got rid of all the vids and pins.

MIT student center has LOTR, TSPP, Elvis, but what good is pinball
without beer :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Right you are Tim! I have a friend of mine working on a revamp of the
whole site. Hopefully he'll be done by months end. The there will be
*LOTS* o' pics of my collection on there! = )

DR

pinballdoctor.com

Re:

Hey Doc!

You need to ad pics to your site of the new Ballys you've aquired.

Tim
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:22:24 AM

Thanks for the kind offer.. due to a nice long delay, we got in a lot
later tonight than planned. So, that'll probably mean no pinball. :(
We are going to be in Salem tomorrow, though - so who knows!

Ah, I love 80s machines.. and those are some -great- ones!

-Mark.
(Flight 2k owner as well!)

In article <1123018491.139662.140890@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
davidsarcade@yahoo.com says...
> Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
> shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
> You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
> Boston.
>
> On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:
>
> NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS
>

> DR
> pinballdoctor.com

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 12:54:46 PM

I need to find a place to play... my pins are in various states of
restore and have been for a while, and I can't find one decent pin in
my area to play. I'm over by Gilette Stadium.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 12:55:46 PM

I was at Salem a couple of weeks ago, those pins look like they've been
in the hold of a sunken barge.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:49:05 PM

Salem is your best bet.
Line up here on my site: http://dugmar.smugmug.com/gallery/580075

--
-Doug

"Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
> Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
> days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
> area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mark.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:27:57 PM

Two words:

MUSICAL MONKEYS!!!

Hell yeah. Best arcade device ever.

- Bowen
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:21:21 PM

Those monkeys rock my world.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 8:27:51 AM

In article <1123008682.319221.312120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Chris Lyon <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote:
>Salem Willows is probably your best bet, and is about a 30-45 min drive
>north-ish of Boston.

Also accessible from the Salem commuter rail station for those able to
walk about 1.5 miles (IIRC).
--
.................David Marston at MV
August 5, 2010 6:41:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!