Closed

Boston Pinball?

Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?

Thanks,
-Mark.
19 answers Last reply
More about boston pinball

    In short, no.

    And Jillians doesn't have pinball anymore.

    The closest place I know of is Salem Willows.

    So as you've gathered, the answer is pretty much a resounding "no"
    unless you feel like driving a ways from the city.

    Salem Willows is probably your best bet, and is about a 30-45 min drive
    north-ish of Boston.

    If you like early 80's games, you're welcome to play at my apartment in
    Cambridge.

    Not sure if it qualifies as a "great" place to play pins, but there is
    one that I know of. It is called Kings and is attached to the Deville
    Lounge. Kind of a '50s retro-cool hipster-doofus kind of place. Has a
    great bar area, pool tables, bowling lanes, big screen tv's and a few
    pins/vids. I don't recall the titles, but IIRC they had TAF, TSPP, and
    Flintstones several months ago. Average condition, but basically
    playable. It is located on Scotia St. in the Back Bay area...near
    Newbury St.

    Ted

    In article <1123006015.528355.323390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com says...
    > In short, no.
    >
    > And Jillians doesn't have pinball anymore.

    Hey-zoos.

    -Mark.

    I agree with Mr. Lyons, absolutely none . Salem Willows has about 8 and
    in good shape , but none of the EM's that they used to have .

    Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
    shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
    You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
    Boston.

    On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:

    NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS

    DR
    pinballdoctor.com

    Hey Doc!

    You need to ad pics to your site of the new Ballys you've aquired.

    Tim

    Dr. Dave wrote:
    > Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
    > shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
    > You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
    > Boston.
    >
    > On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:
    >
    > NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS
    >

    > DR
    > pinballdoctor.com

    Acton Bowladrome, 25 miles out, which takes 35 minutes midday and anhour
    plus during rush hour. Intersection of 111 and 27. Generally 4 or 5
    machines in relatively decent shape.

    In article <MPG.1d5971de8ebddcbd9896c7@offnetwork-news.visi.com>,
    Mark Teskey <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote:

    > Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
    > days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
    > area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Mark.

    Mark Teskey <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote:
    : Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
    : days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
    : area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?

    Jillians put bowling on the 3rd floor, moved the pool tables to the 2nd,
    and got rid of all the vids and pins.

    MIT student center has LOTR, TSPP, Elvis, but what good is pinball
    without beer :)

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

    Right you are Tim! I have a friend of mine working on a revamp of the
    whole site. Hopefully he'll be done by months end. The there will be
    *LOTS* o' pics of my collection on there! = )

    DR

    pinballdoctor.com

    Re:

    Hey Doc!

    You need to ad pics to your site of the new Ballys you've aquired.

    Tim

    Thanks for the kind offer.. due to a nice long delay, we got in a lot
    later tonight than planned. So, that'll probably mean no pinball. :(
    We are going to be in Salem tomorrow, though - so who knows!

    Ah, I love 80s machines.. and those are some -great- ones!

    -Mark.
    (Flight 2k owner as well!)

    In article <1123018491.139662.140890@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    davidsarcade@yahoo.com says...
    > Chris is right. There is no decent pinball in Boston. (Excellent
    > shape private collections such as Chris's aside)
    > You're welcome to head to my humble pinball abode about 40 mins West of
    > Boston.
    >
    > On tap right now I have freshly shopped and tweaked:
    >
    > NINEBALL,XENON,FLIGHT 2000,PARAGON,FATHOM,KISS
    >

    > DR
    > pinballdoctor.com

    I need to find a place to play... my pins are in various states of
    restore and have been for a while, and I can't find one decent pin in
    my area to play. I'm over by Gilette Stadium.

    I was at Salem a couple of weeks ago, those pins look like they've been
    in the hold of a sunken barge.

    Salem is your best bet.
    Line up here on my site: http://dugmar.smugmug.com/gallery/580075

    --
    -Doug

    "Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
    > Any great places to play in Boston? I'm heading there for a couple of
    > days and would love to play. I know there's a Jillian's in the Fenway
    > area - but is there anything else either downtown or N/NW/W?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Mark.

    Two words:

    MUSICAL MONKEYS!!!

    Hell yeah. Best arcade device ever.

    - Bowen

    Those monkeys rock my world.

    In article <1123008682.319221.312120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    Chris Lyon <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Salem Willows is probably your best bet, and is about a 30-45 min drive
    >north-ish of Boston.

    Also accessible from the Salem commuter rail station for those able to
    walk about 1.5 miles (IIRC).
    --
    .................David Marston at MV

Games Video Games