How do I permanently disable a process?

Bobby

I used MSCONFIG to temporarily disable a process that was stealing 90% of my
CPU cycles. This worked fine - but every time I boot my PC I get a message
that this is only temporary and that the process will be enabled at the next
boot.

How do I permanently disable a process?

Cheers.

Bobby

You should normally only use MSCONFIG as your last resort! By using
www.google.com, you should look yo see whether or not the process is part of
a virus/spware.

If you find that the process is part of a virus, run an up to date
anti-virus scan and follow the recommended process to remove the virus.

If thee process is part of a spyware, you will need to check in "Add/Remove
Programs" and remove the coresponding entry for that spyware. Then, you
need to do a complete anti-spyware scan with several anti-spywarre
utitilies. Some good ones are:

AD Aware SE
Spybot: Search and Destroy
CWShredder
Microsoft AntiSpyware

TrendMicro Housecall (web scanner)

"Bobby" <bobby@aventuremail.com> wrote in message
>I used MSCONFIG to temporarily disable a process that was stealing 90% of
>my CPU cycles. This worked fine - but every time I boot my PC I get a
>message that this is only temporary and that the process will be enabled at
>the next boot.
>
> How do I permanently disable a process?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

In article <3o617dF4d4saU1@individual.net>, bobby@aventuremail.com
says...
> I used MSCONFIG to temporarily disable a process that was stealing 90% of my
> CPU cycles. This worked fine - but every time I boot my PC I get a message
> that this is only temporary and that the process will be enabled at the next
> boot.
>
> How do I permanently disable a process?

Open Control Panel, Admistrator Tools, Services - find it and set it to
disabled.

The bigger issue is WHY are you thinking that will solve the problem -
how about letting us know what it is and we may be able to help you fix
the problem.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me