Sign in with
Your question

Small Text On Monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 19, 2010 4:05:00 AM

I just built my first computer I have Windows 7 as the operating system and Firefox as the web browser. I hooked up my old flat panel 19inch monitor which is not wide screen. The problem is that the text is very small on every website that I pull up I tried he zoom tool on Firefox but then I have to zoom every site that I visit. I had a 17inch CRT that I hooked up to this computer and the text was perfect. Is there any way I can fix this problem permanently? Thanks, Tim

More about : small text monitor

a b C Monitor
December 20, 2010 1:02:29 AM

go into your start menu and search "text size" from there you can change window's default text size to something bigger.
m
l
a c 196 C Monitor
December 20, 2010 2:16:41 AM

Does the 19" monitor have higher resolution than your 17" monitor? If so, then that explains why text look smaller.

To increase the size of text:

1. Right click the desktop
2. Click 'Properties'
3. In the Display Properties window click 'Settings' tab
4. Click 'Advanced' button
5. In the 'General' tab click the 'DPI settings' drop down and select 'Custom Settings...'
6. In the next window which simulates a ruler, enter the % to your liking. I use 110%.
7. Click 'Ok' several time and you might need to have your Window Install Disc handy.
m
l
a c 196 C Monitor
December 20, 2010 2:17:59 AM

^^^

Whoops... forgot to mention those are the steps for Win XP. Vista and Win 7 should be somewhat similar.
m
l
!