T5

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2005

Hi all
I ran a duplicate file remover program and moved the backup file to my
external hard drive. However when I rebooted, my system gave several error
messages and refused to load. I reinstalled xp without formatting the whole
drive and so I now have two copies of xp on my system, one with all of my
downloaded progs etc and a clean one. unfortunately It takes up so much
space. How do I delete all of the old installation and sys files without
interfering with the new installation?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

T5 wrote:

> Hi all
> I ran a duplicate file remover program and moved the backup file to my
> external hard drive. However when I rebooted, my system gave several error
> messages and refused to load. I reinstalled xp without formatting the whole
> drive and so I now have two copies of xp on my system, one with all of my
> downloaded progs etc and a clean one. unfortunately It takes up so much
> space. How do I delete all of the old installation and sys files without
> interfering with the new installation?

See this link:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

--