Delayed Write Errors - Help Please

scot

Hi Everybody,
I have had a 200GB USB (2.0) external hard drive connected to my computer
for about 2 years without any problems whatsoever. My MyHD card uses it to
record the shows I watch in HD, so it gets read/write to everyday at HD
video bandwidth (About 8GB an hour).
This weekend, something messed up. I now get a "Delayed Write Error" message
everyday. Sometimes followed by a message that says this device can perform
faster if connected to a USB 2.0 port (It is already).

Anyone have any ideas on what changed? I haven't installed anything new.
This just pretty much came out of the blue.
Thanks for the help and info!

This is usually a pretty good sign that your disk drive is dying. Every
time i have ever seen this error on my machine, friends machines or
machines I repair at work, a faulty drive has been not too far around
the corner...