Best 2.1 pc speaker system for $300 to $400?

cdiesel_99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Hi everyone i am looking for some good 2.1 speaker set ideas for the pc. I wanted to get the Razer Mako speaker set but it is discontinued. I am looking to spend between $300 and $400. Anyone have any ideas?

Bose is consistently good. Look at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836166005&Tpk=bose%20companion%203
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836166004&cm_re=companion_5-_-36-166-004-_-Product

But as I've posted to two threads already: Go down to a store and audition them. If you live in the boonies, take a day trip. If the sound is important to you, invest the time, because everyone's ears and tastes are different.

Of course, I run my sound out to a hand-built (not by me) $500 DAC / Headphone amp and listen on AKG K701 headphones; I'm a little bit into sound quality. It's a great setup for baroque music; you wouldn't want to listen to Kiss on it.

tomons

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Go for Bose Companion 5. Nothing sounded better in my ears. I bought the C5 because I couldn't find a Klipsch ProMedia here in the Middle East. Klipsch is the number one choice of audiophiles and and internet bloggers who profess to know music than everybody else. Wanting to really own the best 2.1 music system I can afford, I contacted my sister who lives in New York to send me one. While waiting for my Klipsch, I bought a HK Sounstick III to pass the time. This system was also reputed to be also better than the Bose Companion 5. Along the way, I passed on my Bose to my roommate who was too glad to have it on installment. Then the Klipsch arrived and . . . to everyone's surprise paled in comparion to Bose in sound quality, looks and craftmanship. I couldn't believe my fate! I passed on the best sound system (Bose) I've already laid my hand unto. I'm unconsolable. Whew, what a letdown! To all Bose bashers. You are just plain bargain hunters angry at Bose's price. Just settle for second best and stop aspiring for and badmouthing gadgets beyond your budget.

Bahraincool

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
I suggest you go for Bose Companion 5. Even though so many bargain hunters hated Bose (not for the sound quality but for the price) go for it! I have HK Soundstick III, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and Bose Companion 5 but those first two were just blown away by the Companion 5's sound quality and elegance. Satisfaction guaranteed!

I ordered my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 all the way from the U.S. because of bloggers' consistent high praise and for its so much ballyhooed "excellent sound quality" professed by admirers of this unit. Thus, my Klipsch ProMedia cost me more than my Bose. However, when it arrived I was disappointed. It just cannot stand up to Bose's Companion 5. What a letdown!