Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which Monitor Should I Get?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 21, 2010 1:56:37 AM

Hi all.
I want to get a new monitor for Christmas.
But I wanted an opinion from someone else before I made a purchase.

So should I get this one:

BenQ V2210 21.5IN LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 Is the LED Backlight really worth it?
or this one
BenQ G2222HDH 21.5IN LCD Monitor 1920X1080

Or is there another monitor from http://www.NCIX.com that is 1920X1080 and less than 150$ Canadian that you would suggest?

Your Feedback is greatly appreciated

More about : monitor

a c 196 C Monitor
December 21, 2010 7:00:24 AM

The price difference is only $5 and the specs seem very similar. I would simply get the one that "looks better" to you.

LCD monitors with LED backlight do use less energy than normal LCD monitors; so I suppose you can save money in the long run depending on how much money you pay per KWH. The lower your cost, the longer it will take to recover that extra $5. But in the end it's more environmental friendly I suppose.

m
l
December 21, 2010 4:23:09 PM

jaguarskx said:
The price difference is only $5 and the specs seem very similar. I would simply get the one that "looks better" to you.

LCD monitors with LED backlight do use less energy than normal LCD monitors; so I suppose you can save money in the long run depending on how much money you pay per KWH. The lower your cost, the longer it will take to recover that extra $5. But in the end it's more environmental friendly I suppose.

OK, what is the LED picture quality like?

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 196 C Monitor
December 21, 2010 9:33:27 PM

LED backlight has a color gamut of 68% as opposed to normal color gamut of 72% and 96%+ for wide color gamut. Other than that there is no impact on picture quality.

Generally speaking "normal" has been the standard even for CRT monitors. "Wide" was introduced into the consumer market back in 2007 beginning with the Dell 2407-WFP-HC and has a slightly greenish tint. Some say it actually make colors a bit more vibrant, but basically it makes color printouts match a lot closer to what you see on the screen than with a normal color gamut monitor. It took me a while to get used to wide color gamut.

LED's color gamut of 68% means things will have a slight bluish tint to it. Some people notice it, others don't. You can also play around with the monitor's color settings if it bothers you.

You can always go into a BestBuy and look at a "LED monitor", to see if you will notice anything.
December 22, 2010 1:11:16 AM

jaguarskx said:
LED backlight has a color gamut of 68% as opposed to normal color gamut of 72% and 96%+ for wide color gamut. Other than that there is no impact on picture quality.

Generally speaking "normal" has been the standard even for CRT monitors. "Wide" was introduced into the consumer market back in 2007 beginning with the Dell 2407-WFP-HC and has a slightly greenish tint. Some say it actually make colors a bit more vibrant, but basically it makes color printouts match a lot closer to what you see on the screen than with a normal color gamut monitor. It took me a while to get used to wide color gamut.

LED's color gamut of 68% means things will have a slight bluish tint to it. Some people notice it, others don't. You can also play around with the monitor's color settings if it bothers you.

You can always go into a BestBuy and look at a "LED monitor", to see if you will notice anything.

I just went out to a local store and the LED monitors looked nicer. So I think I will purchase the LED Monitor

Thanks for your help :) 
m
l
December 22, 2010 1:11:39 AM

Best answer selected by JE_D.
m
l
!