Outlook Install Question

Scott

On my Win XP machine, Outlook 2002 has an option under Control
Panel / Mail to add another user profile. My Win98 system has
Outlook 2000 and does not have this feature. I'd like to uninstall
Outlook 2000 on the Win98 machine and install Outlook 2002...so I
can have two profiles--making it easier to sync two different
PDA's. Will this version of Outlook be compatible with Office 2000?
Also can anyone tell me if Outlook 2002 requires activation, or did that
start with a later version?

Thanks!
Scott

It should be there with Outlook 2000 and 2002. Look under
tools/options/reconfigure mail support under Outlook.

2002 (XP) should coexist with Office 2000 - but all the Office 2002 apps
require activation.

"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> On my Win XP machine, Outlook 2002 has an option under Control
> Panel / Mail to add another user profile. My Win98 system has
> Outlook 2000 and does not have this feature. I'd like to uninstall
> Outlook 2000 on the Win98 machine and install Outlook 2002...so I
> can have two profiles--making it easier to sync two different
> PDA's. Will this version of Outlook be compatible with Office 2000?
> Also can anyone tell me if Outlook 2002 requires activation, or did that
> start with a later version?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Scott

Edward,

I've looked very carefully under tools/options...and there is no
"reconfigure mail support" in 2000 or 2002 Outlook.

In my XP machine, under Control Panel /Mail / Setup / Outlook /
Show Profiles appears....but the Show Profiles options does not
show up in Control Panel where Outlook 2000 is installed.

So, it looks like one cannot have two profiles in Outlook 2000. Doing
so would make the job simple.

Another option is to set up 2 users in the Win98 machine. Does this
yield two separate Outlook data accounts? I've never done this, and
I'm wondering if it's a hassle to switch between two Windows users.

Thanks!
Scott