WTB: Space Shuttle Backglass

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A friend of mine just had an accident is looking to find a replacement
backglass. He didn't tell me what happened so I didn't ask!! ;) If you
have one, please let me know!!

Thanks!!

Dan Heatherly

Hi Dan,

I'd recommend giving Mayfair Amusements a call. Chances are they'll
have one!

Ben

He didn't have one last week - I asked, and he said they're very hard
to come by.

- Q

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well, guess I'l guess I'll keep on searching then. He does show them on
his website but if you talked to him, sounds like my chances are very
slim. I'll keep looking!! Thanks!!

Dan

Watch ebay, a couple have turned up there recently

Zach

karl

I have one here that is in good
> shape all the way down to the bottom three inches. From there on down it
> must have been doing the delimitation thing because someone put duct
> tape across the bottom.

I never heard of this restoration technique, I'm going to try this on
all my back glasses tonight!!!

Karl.

Hi Dan,
What condition does it need to be in? I have one here that is in good
shape all the way down to the bottom three inches. From there on down it
must have been doing the delimitation thing because someone put duct
tape across the bottom.

Dave

Dan wrote:
> Well, guess I'l guess I'll keep on searching then. He does show them on
> his website but if you talked to him, sounds like my chances are very
> slim. I'll keep looking!! Thanks!!
>
> Dan

The correct duct tape technique is to rip it off after you apply it,
just like a bandaid, pull it really fast, and you'll be rid of that
nasty artwork instantly!

I wish I know of a way to get that tape off and leave the art work. Then
I could Triple Thick Glaze it and it would look real good. Actually I
didn't know there was tape there until I opened it to see why the lights
were not working down there. :-(

Dave