Annoying Windows Explorer error

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: cevideo.ax
ModVer: 1.0.0.30602 Offset: 00008059

Here's the error I get whenever I try to open windows explorer. I can
still operate in explorer behind the error message, but this is
annoying. This happened to me once before, but I can't for the life of
me remember how to fix it.....
7 answers Last reply
More about annoying windows explorer error

    How would I go about finding the registry entry?

    Do I do this in a DOS window?

    Well the dos thing didn't work, so I uninstalled Ulead and everything
    seems fine now. But I need that software, so what do I do now?

    You could just unregister it

    regsvr32 /u cevideo.ax

    If that doesn't work, it's likely because it isn't in the path, so you'll
    need to find the file so that you know the path to the file, and then
    provide the full path in the command
    ie. regsvr32 /u <pathto>cevideo.ax

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "elorahd" <elorahd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > How would I go about finding the registry entry?

    Yes

    You could do it from the run line as well, but you'll see the output better
    from a Command Prompt window

    --

    > Do I do this in a DOS window?

    Check to see if there are updates to ULead.
    If you have an older version, an update should fix the issue you are having.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    > Well the dos thing didn't work, so I uninstalled Ulead and everything
    > seems fine now. But I need that software, so what do I do now?

    If you can't uninstall the Ulead DVD decoder that supplied cevideo.ax,
    then try removing the Registry entry to see if you can disable it.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On 6 Sep 2005 16:09:08 -0700, "elorahd" <elorahd@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: cevideo.ax
    >ModVer: 1.0.0.30602 Offset: 00008059
    >
    >Here's the error I get whenever I try to open windows explorer. I can
    >still operate in explorer behind the error message, but this is
    >annoying. This happened to me once before, but I can't for the life of
    >me remember how to fix it.....

Windows Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows XP