Free Pinball Machine

My neighbor tells me in casual conversation last night that while he was
driving
through a neighborhood about 10 minutes from our houses, he noticed a
pinball
machine that was in someone's driveway with a sign that said, "Please Take".
He said that he almost called me at work to let me know. I immediately
jumped
in the car and drive down the street looking for this, "Free Pinball
Machine".
IT WAS GONE!!!!! No big surprise to me that someone nabbed it or the
garbage pickup had thrown it in the back of their truck ( I hope not). I
asked my
neighbor what it looked like. He said that he didn't remember what color it
was
but that it had snow flakes on the cabinet. Is anyone aware of a pinball
machine that
has snow flakes on it??? Just curious what I might have missed. Thanks, E

I think it may have been the proto to BBB, but known initially as Big Bang
Blizzard.

"ESisson" <e.sisson@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> My neighbor tells me in casual conversation last night that while he was
> driving
> through a neighborhood about 10 minutes from our houses, he noticed a
> pinball
> machine that was in someone's driveway with a sign that said, "Please
> Take".
> He said that he almost called me at work to let me know. I immediately
> jumped
> in the car and drive down the street looking for this, "Free Pinball
> Machine".
> IT WAS GONE!!!!! No big surprise to me that someone nabbed it or the
> garbage pickup had thrown it in the back of their truck ( I hope not). I
> asked my
> neighbor what it looked like. He said that he didn't remember what color
> it was
> but that it had snow flakes on the cabinet. Is anyone aware of a pinball
> machine that
> has snow flakes on it??? Just curious what I might have missed. Thanks, E

could of been the "Susie snow flake " machine, or "Hard rock , coco and
joe"

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

I thought the winter editions with snow flakes stopped with the EM versions
of Charlie's Angels and Fireball.

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think it was the winter edition cactus canyon.

I think the important part of this post that everyone is missing is
that the neighbor thought of him, but didn't bother to tell him until
later. That's really the most frustrating part about it. Not the
machine that got away, but the fact that your countless hours restoring
them, the endless amound of space you seem to materialize to store just
one more, the money you sink in to them, the blood, the sweat, the
tears. And yet when friends and family see one somewhere on the side of
the road, they can't even pick up the lousy phone to say "Hey, there's
a machine here, you want it?"

I work for a large company on a corporate headquarter campus and I was
here 3 1/2 years before anyone bothered to mention that there were
pinball machines in a game room on the other end of campus. Everyone
seemed to know they existed except me. But nobody ever bothered to
mention them.

Swine!

MitchelWB

Heh, like the last company I worked for... I was there nearly a year
before I stumbled onto "oh, that's the old rec room, now it's just
storage" and there was a Twilight Zone in there. The facilities people
told me it had not worked in over a year.

Good ending, though, as I own it now, got it in a surplus auction when
the company moved for $910. :)

You missed a good one.
It's a rare machine.
It was probably the Bally KISS - Special Christmas Album Pinball
Machine. They only made about 10 of them

:eek:)

Craig

On 3 Aug 2005 06:48:35 -0700, "MitchelWB" <mitchelwb-rgp@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I think the important part of this post that everyone is missing is
>that the neighbor thought of him, but didn't bother to tell him until
>later. That's really the most frustrating part about it. Not the
>machine that got away, but the fact that your countless hours restoring
>them, the endless amound of space you seem to materialize to store just
>one more, the money you sink in to them, the blood, the sweat, the
>tears. And yet when friends and family see one somewhere on the side of
>the road, they can't even pick up the lousy phone to say "Hey, there's
>a machine here, you want it?"
>
>I work for a large company on a corporate headquarter campus and I was
>here 3 1/2 years before anyone bothered to mention that there were
>pinball machines in a game room on the other end of campus. Everyone
>seemed to know they existed except me. But nobody ever bothered to
>mention them.
>
>Swine!
>
>MitchelWB

2005 Texas Pinball Festival
October 28th-30th, 2005
Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com

Hassell Castle Homepage
Includes information on my games and
the Cirqus Voltaire Owners List:
http://www.hassellcastle.com

> Posted thru AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup <
> http://www.AtlantisNews.com -- Lightning Fast!!! <
> Access the Most Content * No Limits * Best Service <

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

It amazes me that everyone that knows me seems to forget that I like
pinball or vids. So when the topic is brought up its like... ohhh
really, I forgot you like that stuff. So really I have no one out
there looking for deals for me but myself. Heck my Mother -in- law
could hear of a pin for sale for $10 and it could be a NIB TOM from a
neighbor who is getting divorced and her husband is away on a business
trip and she would tell the woman, I dont know anyone who would be
interested. Only to say the next time she sees me...Ahhhh, had I
remembered you liked them I could have got you a good deal on one. Yea
lady, like I dont have one section of the frickin' house dedicated to
this stuff. Geezzzzz its like you have to staple a yellow stickie to
people hand or they forget. How many people really like this hobby out
of the world population? Like 1/10000 of a % so its not like its
common. So when you see a pinball or hear the word pinball, my name
should come to mind. I did marry your daughter, remember....

WOW!

BlackTiger wrote:

> It amazes me that everyone that knows me seems to forget that I like
> pinball or vids.
> WOW!

Would you remember that your mother-in-law collected Hummel figurines
if you saw some of them at a garage sale? I wouldn't, because I don't
have any interest in them. It might dawn on me later when I saw the
M-i-L, but by then it would be too late, of course. News flash: what's
important to you isn't necessarily important to her, and vise versa.

- Josh A.

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

Yea but if Hummel was sitting by itself in someones yard with a for
sale sign, you might pass it up. A pinball on the other hand, it a
little harder to miss.

I do get your point though.

BTW, she collects angels (had to post this just in case for some weird
cosmic way she saw this post, she would see I know what she collects)
:>)

funny how they remember you when they want to play a few Free games or
drink your beer !!!

Hey I know my grandma collects hummels. And if someone put one out by
the garbage. I'd snag it up. Even if it needed to be glued :)

Grojohn wrote:
> could of been the "Susie snow flake " machine, or "Hard rock , coco and
> joe"

OMG!!!! wayyyyy funny!!!!

xlr8

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to remember what people collect. Cars,
Sports Cards, Stamps, Hot Wheels, Star Wars stuff, Slot Cars, whatever, I
remember who collects what and I call them if I see something that might
interest them. I really like spending someone elses money!!

I have to laugh when someone makes this comment (usually after playing a few
games in the basement);

"If you ever see a game out there that's cheap, keep me in mind, I'd like to
have one"

Like if it was a good deal, I wouldn't buy it for myself. Better yet, I
actually DO buy one cheap (three or 4 hundred bucks) that needs a little
work and then they pass because "it needs too much". Keep in mind THESE ARE
FRIENDS OF MINE!! I try to tell them they can't have it both ways, cheap
and really nice generally do NOT run hand in hand!! I keep trying to learn
'em.....

Have a good day,

Jim