Sources For Dimension 8100 Power Supply

Can anyone point me to sources for a Dimension 8100 power supply? My
system's supply burned out and I can see that it's not a standard ATX
unit. >:-( http://www.pcpowercooling.com has a compatible unit, but
it's $100, which is a lot to spend fixing a 3.5 year old system,
especially for just a PS replacement.

Alternatively, has anyone sucessfully rewired an ATX PS to work with a
D8100? I managed to do this with an ATX for an old Motorola Mac
clone, but it was quite a pain. This job looks like it might be even
worse.

Thanks, any input appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about sources dimension 8100 power supply

    You are in Luck. I repair all types of PC Power Supplies. I have an online
    form you can fill out to get Started.

    http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/submit.htm

    I just Fixed a Customers Dimension 8200 for a different problem which
    probably has a Similar unit. From what I can tell, the MOBO Connector is Std
    ATX on this one. You can also post a Picture to my Support Message Board of
    the Old Supply just to be sure.

    http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/supportbbs

    Sounds like I could keep the costs down to about half of the cost of the New
    one.

    "NMR Guy" <nmr_guy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Can anyone point me to sources for a Dimension 8100 power supply? My
    | system's supply burned out and I can see that it's not a standard ATX
    | unit. >:-( http://www.pcpowercooling.com has a compatible unit, but
    | it's $100, which is a lot to spend fixing a 3.5 year old system,
    | especially for just a PS replacement.
    |
    | Alternatively, has anyone sucessfully rewired an ATX PS to work with a
    | D8100? I managed to do this with an ATX for an old Motorola Mac
    | clone, but it was quite a pain. This job looks like it might be even
    | worse.
    |
    | Thanks, any input appreciated.

    8200 yes
    8100 no

    The 8100 was a proprietary power supply.

    Tom
    "techforce" <toomuchspam@messedup.com> wrote in message
    > You are in Luck. I repair all types of PC Power Supplies. I have an online
    > form you can fill out to get Started.
    >
    > http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/submit.htm
    >
    > I just Fixed a Customers Dimension 8200 for a different problem which
    > probably has a Similar unit. From what I can tell, the MOBO Connector is
    Std
    > ATX on this one. You can also post a Picture to my Support Message Board
    of
    > the Old Supply just to be sure.
    >
    > http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/supportbbs
    >
    > Sounds like I could keep the costs down to about half of the cost of the
    New
    > one.
    >

    > "NMR Guy" <nmr_guy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | Can anyone point me to sources for a Dimension 8100 power supply? My
    > | system's supply burned out and I can see that it's not a standard ATX
    > | unit. >:-( http://www.pcpowercooling.com has a compatible unit, but
    > | it's $100, which is a lot to spend fixing a 3.5 year old system,
    > | especially for just a PS replacement.
    > |
    > | Alternatively, has anyone sucessfully rewired an ATX PS to work with a
    > | D8100? I managed to do this with an ATX for an old Motorola Mac
    > | clone, but it was quite a pain. This job looks like it might be even
    > | worse.
    > |
    > | Thanks, any input appreciated.

    "NMR Guy" <nmr_guy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to sources for a Dimension 8100 power supply? My
    > system's supply burned out and I can see that it's not a standard ATX
    > unit. >:-( http://www.pcpowercooling.com has a compatible unit, but
    > it's $100, which is a lot to spend fixing a 3.5 year old system,
    > especially for just a PS replacement.
    >
    > Alternatively, has anyone sucessfully rewired an ATX PS to work with a
    > D8100? I managed to do this with an ATX for an old Motorola Mac
    > clone, but it was quite a pain. This job looks like it might be even
    > worse.
    >
    > Thanks, any input appreciated.

    Just out of curiosity, what is it about the D8100 that makes it incompatible
    with a standard ATX power supply?

Dell Power Supplies Dimension Computers