MN 730 with Linksys B Router

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi All,

I just installed the PCI Wireless card. I have tried
upgrading to the latest drivers, etc with no luck.

Basically the network status screen constantly shows "No
Signal", even though when I look at the Adapter Settings I
can clearly see my access point with an "Excellent" signal
rating.

I have double checked the channel, ssid, and wep code, all
seem to be fine.

It's like the card isn't communicating with the router
properly!

Any tips?
-Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Also, I'm using Windows 2000, not XP. It seems like the
adapter connects *VERY* briefly once in a while, then
drops the connection again.

joker

What kind of WEP key did you enter into the router (Answer the next
several questions & you will have answered this question truthfully)?

ASCII, HEX or something else?

What was the length required in characters?

Was it a 64-bit key or a 128-bit key that you selected to use?

What types of characters were you allowed to use in your WEP key?

Did you disable the SSID broadcast (this is not a valid form of security
because even encrypted packets have the SSID broadcast in the packet
without even being encrypted)?