devil's dare drop targets not resetting

The left bank of targets will not reset when they are knocked down.
When I manually reset the targets and reboot the game the coil works
and the targets jump at the start up of the game like nothing is wrong.
During game play, if one target or more is knocked down, it will not
reset. It trys to reset, just moving a little. Could I have a weak
coil, bad diode? or would it be the transistor and predriver? Thanks
Tim in KY

Do the targets reset after the ball drains? If so your coil is fine. I
would inspect the switches for the targets that tell the cpu the target
has been knocked down. Make sure they are all clean and closing when
the target is down.Then check each one in the switch test. If the coil
resets them at the start of the game and the start of each ball I would
doubt it has anything to do with the coil.

Enjoy your DD it's an awsome game!

John Pursglove

The switches are scoring, and when the targets are all knocked down the
coil does activate somewhat to reset the targets...

The targets do not reset after the ball drains' checked switches and
all are closed when down.

What do you exactly mean as register, when I perform the switch test
the switches or their numbers do not come up in the displays, so that
tells me they're fine. The bank of targets do not reset either
during the test

I'd more think the switches that let the machine know a drop target is down,
if the machine doesn't know they are all down, it won't kick them back up.
LTG :)

"parrimmu" <focalpointdesigns@fuse.net> wrote in message
> The left bank of targets will not reset when they are knocked down.
> When I manually reset the targets and reboot the game the coil works
> and the targets jump at the start up of the game like nothing is wrong.
> During game play, if one target or more is knocked down, it will not
> reset. It trys to reset, just moving a little. Could I have a weak
> coil, bad diode? or would it be the transistor and predriver? Thanks
> Tim in KY

If the switches or their numbers don't come up in the displays means they
aren't working. LTG :)

> The targets do not reset after the ball drains' checked switches and
> all are closed when down.

Do they register in the switch test?

--
John Pursglove
Audubon, NJ

None of them? There is a bare common wire soldered to each switch on the
bank make sure it is connected to each one with no breaks. It should then
be connected to a wire with blue and black lines that wire should go to
connector A1J6 pin 10. Also check the other switch in the first colum on
the left which is the first pos. trough switch. Make sure you have
continuity from the common wire of the target switches to A1J6 pin 10. THis
is more than likely where the problem is. Maybe a bad connector clip on the
cpu. this is always a possibiltiy on these System 80 games.