hi - i own both a digital camera and a garmin GPS unit. I have connected both
to my pc (running windows xp ) several times prior to this experience via
USB cable. (using the same cable, in fact) yesterday, my camera connected
just fine - two minutes later, my GPS did not. No settings had been changed
on the GPS, and i successfully connected on another PC with the GPS unit. the
GPS recognizes that it is connected to a USB port, but the computer will only
give me the '5 beep' alert that something did not connect, rather than the
two toned alert that it did connect.

i checked on a forum (dealing with GPS units and software) about this, and
they suggested i update the GARMIN usb driver. i did so and stil cannot
connect successfully.

any ideas?

thanks in advance, jenn

Sometimes rebooting will fix that; sometimes removing the battery from the
GPS unit for a few minutes then reinstalling it helps.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

"NotMe" wrote:

> Sometimes rebooting will fix that; sometimes removing the battery from the
> GPS unit for a few minutes then reinstalling it helps.

nope - have tried both before i posted here.

thanks tho.