My PC does not recognize ping command any more, my OS is Windows XP Home
Edition.
Pls help

I have done that but it's still the same, but I copied the ping program from
Win XP Pro instead of Win XP Home. It's that the reason why it failed?

"AbsoluteZero" wrote:

> Kingboat,
>
> Make sure the ping program is still in the correct folder. ping.exe is the
> application and it should be and needs to be located in C:\Windows\system32
>
> If you can find it in there, go to another computer and copy ping.exe from
> that directly to a floppy disk or USB Jump Drive and then copy it into the
> C:\Windows\system32 directory of your machine.
>
> ~zero
>

> "Kingboat" wrote:
>
> > My PC does not recognize ping command any more, my OS is Windows XP Home
> > Edition.
> > Pls help

Yes, I just realised that ipconfig and tracert also are not working. I did
unintall the TCP/IP and re-install but it's still the same
Kindly help

Kingboat wrote:

> Yes, I just realised that ipconfig and tracert also are not working. I did
> unintall the TCP/IP and re-install but it's still the same
> Kindly help
Hi,

This sounds like a path issue.

I suggest you download and run Fixpath.exe, it repairs most
issues with the path.

Fixpath.exe is in fixpath2.zip available here:
http://internet.cybermesa.com/~bstewart/misctools.html

To see Fixpath's output, run it from a command prompt...

You should reboot after running Fixpath.exe.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Thank you very much my problem is solved, I'm very grateful.