Will the Virus Transfer from one disk drive to another disk drive while using two hard drives one as a master & other as a slave
I have two hard disk drives each with two operating systems and 5 partitions. Disk drive 1 is clean but disk drive 2, I suspect have viruses ( Trojan ) although the Antivirus software shows no viruses.
If I connect the disk drive 2 as a slave, would it transfer the viruses to clean drive if
(1) If I do not transfer any data from drive 2 to drive 1?
(2) If I transfer data from one of the partitions on drive 2 to any one of the partitions on drive 1?
(3) If I transfer data from any one of the partitions on drive 1 to any one of the the partitions on drive 2?
(4) Does antivirus programs like Norton or McAfee will remove Trojans from the infected drive?
(5) If not what kind of program will and would installing that program along with regular Norton create any conflicts? I mean can I install & run two antivirus programs like Norton and a Trojan Remover together on one hard disk?
you could always format, it would erase any pesky boot sector problems too, then again there are many good virus scanners that could remove it, I use pc cillin cause it OWNZ and ROXORS YOUR BOXORS and stuff, but there are plenty of choices