Sign in with
Your question

Party PC

Last response: in CPUs
January 1, 2004 8:07:34 PM

Hey yall Im gonna building a dirt cheap PC used for mainly DJ services and audio output. I was thinking of any old nforce2 mobo, an athoin 2200+, and a 80 gig HD with just like 256 or maybe 512 ram. My question is do you guys know of any audio cards taht have duel outputs? I need this because while my computer speaker system is fair i have an 800 Watt seperate audio system that i also need an output for, thanks for the help

More about : party

January 1, 2004 8:51:06 PM

Get an Audigy 2 and buy a splitter from radioshack, save yourself a few hundred dollars.

Damn Rambus.
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2004 9:06:43 PM

Depending on what you actually DO with the sound you might be able to use onboard sound! Some nForce2 boards come with a great audio processor called the nForce APU.

For output do what the last guy said, use a splitter cable. These are quite common and originally used to connect portable CD players to home stereos. They have a stereo 1/8" jack on one end and R/L RCA connections on the other. They're usually 3 feet long.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
January 2, 2004 1:19:17 AM

I could burn 80-100 on the sound but if i get the ASUS A7N8x-x i think it comes with integrated APU just not IGP but that doesnt matter, hows the sound on this board?
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2004 1:44:25 AM

My experience with the nForce APU was with the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, it was great. I recommend the Abit NF7-S version 2.0 now.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2004 7:25:08 AM

Yes, I know, it was a typo. Easy since the board belongs to a customer and I've never had one for more than a few days :smile:

!