Party PC

Hey yall Im gonna building a dirt cheap PC used for mainly DJ services and audio output. I was thinking of any old nforce2 mobo, an athoin 2200+, and a 80 gig HD with just like 256 or maybe 512 ram. My question is do you guys know of any audio cards taht have duel outputs? I need this because while my computer speaker system is fair i have an 800 Watt seperate audio system that i also need an output for, thanks for the help
6 answers Last reply
More about party
  1. Get an Audigy 2 and buy a splitter from radioshack, save yourself a few hundred dollars.

Damn Rambus.
  2. Depending on what you actually DO with the sound you might be able to use onboard sound! Some nForce2 boards come with a great audio processor called the nForce APU.

For output do what the last guy said, use a splitter cable. These are quite common and originally used to connect portable CD players to home stereos. They have a stereo 1/8" jack on one end and R/L RCA connections on the other. They're usually 3 feet long.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  3. I could burn 80-100 on the sound but if i get the ASUS A7N8x-x i think it comes with integrated APU just not IGP but that doesnt matter, hows the sound on this board?
  4. My experience with the nForce APU was with the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, it was great. I recommend the Abit NF7-S version 2.0 now.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  5. MSI -L version nForce2 mobos doesn't have nForce APU. -ILSR versions come with nForce APU

----------------
    <b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>
  6. Yes, I know, it was a typo. Easy since the board belongs to a customer and I've never had one for more than a few days :smile:

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Audio