When waking up from sleep, I get a rectangular black box that says "Auto
Adjust in Progress" in white letters. I never got this message before. Does
anyone know what it is and why I am getting it?

I've had monitors that do that, had nothing to do with Windows.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"jconnell62" <jconnell62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When waking up from sleep, I get a rectangular black box that says "Auto
> Adjust in Progress" in white letters. I never got this message before.
> Does
> anyone know what it is and why I am getting it?

Hi,

It's a feature of your monitor, it has naught to do with Windows. Normal on
some systems. Worry only if the screen is not right after resuming from
standby.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jconnell62" <jconnell62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When waking up from sleep, I get a rectangular black box that says "Auto
> Adjust in Progress" in white letters. I never got this message before.
> Does
> anyone know what it is and why I am getting it?

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

It is from your monitor. Most likely you have a dell LCD display.

--
Pavel

"jconnell62" <jconnell62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When waking up from sleep, I get a rectangular black box that says "Auto
> Adjust in Progress" in white letters. I never got this message before.
> Does
> anyone know what it is and why I am getting it?

Quite right, thanks.