Getaway playfield mod opinion

Noticed the really heavy wear at the rim of the tunnel saucer, where it
gets slammed by tunnel ball shots. Obviously this explains the extra
bit of "runway" above the saucer :)
This, I would think it would be murder for post clearcoating. So I was
thinking of carving out a small tapering "shooter lane"-type channel
with a dremel just above the saucer (as neat as possible).
What do you guys think, waste of effort ?

Marcel

I'd be looking at Cliffy right now ;)

since there are a lot of these types of holes, FT, Creech, Getaway what
about making a metal insert that would fit the rounded hole and in the
extra runway area.

It would have to be formed to fit so would probably be very hard to
make.

-c

> Noticed the really heavy wear at the rim of the tunnel saucer, where it
> gets slammed by tunnel ball shots. Obviously this explains the extra
> bit of "runway" above the saucer :)
> This, I would think it would be murder for post clearcoating. So I was
> thinking of carving out a small tapering "shooter lane"-type channel
> with a dremel just above the saucer (as neat as possible).
> What do you guys think, waste of effort ?

http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

Go down to the TOTAN protector. That round ring fits a standard saucer on
games like HS2, WCS, etc.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:
> Noticed the really heavy wear at the rim of the tunnel saucer, where it
> gets slammed by tunnel ball shots. Obviously this explains the extra
> bit of "runway" above the saucer :)
> This, I would think it would be murder for post clearcoating. So I was
> thinking of carving out a small tapering "shooter lane"-type channel
> with a dremel just above the saucer (as neat as possible).
> What do you guys think, waste of effort ?
>
> Marcel

How would a tapering "shooter lane"-type channel prevent the wear in
the runway? Most of the time, the ball shoots past the saucer and
falls back into it. Mine has a lot of wear in the runway. I did touch
up and sealed it with super-thin CA. So far, so good.

The TOTAN protector does nothing to prevent the wear in the runway. I
asked Cliffy in these forums a few months ago about doing a Getaway
protector, but he said there hasn't been enough demand.

Mark

Well, I happen to have a clearcoated Getaway (Thank you Bob Antelman!)
and this has been a concern. I just ordered one of the Mantis
Amusements TOTAN protectors.

I'll post back after I receive it.

David Paz
Miami, FL

Well, I happen to have a clearcoated Getaway (Thank you Bob Antelman!)
and this has been a concern. I just ordered one of the Mantis
Amusements TOTAN protectors.

I'll post back after I receive it.

David Paz
Miami, FL

The ball always nicks the saucer on mine, I can tell by the nice notch
its leaving. ;)
A tapering channel like I discussed earlier eliminates the impact, the
ball should just sail through over the saucer and hit the runway bumper
at the end, then come fall back down.

Marcel

Indeed, very hard to make. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this
for tspp!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!