Tech: TZ F114 and F115 keeps Blowing

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. The machine was
playing when all of a sudden F114 kept blowing. I called a tech in and
he:

Changed a bridge rectifer: The machine played for awhile. On boot
up/test I noticed the display would not come on until the first ball
was ready to play. Finally same problem started occuring.

Sent Power Driver Board out: Board was tested and all bridges and
rectifers ( not sure what the actual names are but it was a lot of
square parts) were replaced. The board tested fine when put in another
game. When I put it in the TZ I got a test: Clear audits, clear
bookkepping..then it seemed to hang up..I powered it down and up again
and the same problem, Error Check F114 and F115. As soon as it powers
F114 blows.

When I was putting the PDB on I noticed from the previous owner a
white/blue wire marked J104. According to the manual J104 is not used
and from the schematic the white/blue goes to J105 and the other ,end
to the Fliptronics board/ J901 which it was. Don't know if the
connector was indeed in J104 prior to the PDB fix but I did put it in
J105 when I put it back.

Does anyone have any ideas? The machine will not get past this.

Thanks in advance

Usually F114 and F115 blowing are going to be a bridge rectifier. To sort
this out look over your manual and figure out what those fuses protect, then
unplug that connector from the solenoid driver board and power up the game.
If the fuse blows you have board problems, if not, you have a problem out on
the line you unplugged. LTG :)

"extech" <rjv2@berkshire.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. The machine was
> playing when all of a sudden F114 kept blowing. I called a tech in and
> he:
>
> Changed a bridge rectifer: The machine played for awhile. On boot
> up/test I noticed the display would not come on until the first ball
> was ready to play. Finally same problem started occuring.
>
> Sent Power Driver Board out: Board was tested and all bridges and
> rectifers ( not sure what the actual names are but it was a lot of
> square parts) were replaced. The board tested fine when put in another
> game. When I put it in the TZ I got a test: Clear audits, clear
> bookkepping..then it seemed to hang up..I powered it down and up again
> and the same problem, Error Check F114 and F115. As soon as it powers
> F114 blows.
>
> When I was putting the PDB on I noticed from the previous owner a
> white/blue wire marked J104. According to the manual J104 is not used
> and from the schematic the white/blue goes to J105 and the other ,end
> to the Fliptronics board/ J901 which it was. Don't know if the
> connector was indeed in J104 prior to the PDB fix but I did put it in
> J105 when I put it back.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? The machine will not get past this.
>
> Thanks in advance

Nomad

J104 and J105 are the same, leave it where it was plugged in when the
game was operating normally. Google here for more info on those 2
connectors, I had the same question a while back.

Did you or your techs also replace the caps on the driver board? Did
they add all the jumpers on the back side on the board? They may have
replaced the BR but that's only a single step in getting the game
running smoothly. I replaced just the BR and got very weird results.
After changing the caps and adding all the jumpers recomended on Clay's
site mine has been solid. I'd review that first if I were you. Good
luck!

nomad