Windows Welcome screen Message counter

Hey all

I want to know how to diable the Welcome screen Message counter.

Dan
3 answers Last reply
More about windows screen message counter

    Download and install TweakUI:

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

    After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
    TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".

    Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
    in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.

    Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Daniel" wrote:

    | Hey all
    |
    | I want to know how to diable the Welcome screen Message counter.
    |
    | Dan

    Ok Tks

    I thought there was a way to do it manually with out installing a program.

    Dan

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Download and install TweakUI:
    >
    > Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)
    >
    > After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
    > TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".
    >
    > Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
    > in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.
    >
    > Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Daniel" wrote:
    >
    > | Hey all
    > |
    > | I want to know how to diable the Welcome screen Message counter.
    > |
    > | Dan

    "MessageExpiryDays" registry value:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok Tks
    >
    > I thought there was a way to do it manually with out installing a program.
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Download and install TweakUI:
    >>
    >> Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >>
    >> After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
    >> TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome
    >> screen".
    >>
    >> Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not
    >> only
    >> in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as
    >> well.
    >>
    >> Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome
    >> Screen
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> "Daniel" wrote:
    >>
    >> | Hey all
    >> |
    >> | I want to know how to diable the Welcome screen Message counter.
    >> |
    >> | Dan

Microsoft Windows XP