Strange problem with opening program

when I try to start certain programs, the first thing that comes up is
installshield for an unrelated program that I have already installed.

If I keep telling it to cancel, eventually the program that I clicked
on will start.

Someplace recently I saw something that was suppose to fix this kind
of problem, but I have since lost all contact with it. Is it something
to do with corrupt context menu registry entries???

thanks

Install shield or Windows Installer?

If Windows Installer, see Windows Installer FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:

" Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?
"

-and-

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<see.cher@your.place> wrote in message
> when I try to start certain programs, the first thing that comes up is
> installshield for an unrelated program that I have already installed.
>
> If I keep telling it to cancel, eventually the program that I clicked
> on will start.
>
> Someplace recently I saw something that was suppose to fix this kind
> of problem, but I have since lost all contact with it. Is it something
> to do with corrupt context menu registry entries???
>
> thanks

THANK YOU.

yes, it was windows installer. I was trying to undersand the logic for
trying to install something totally unrelated to opening an unrelated
program. DAH!- this is windows - what logic?

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:02:34 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
<ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:

>Install shield or Windows Installer?
>
>If Windows Installer, see Windows Installer FAQ:
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx
>
>Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:
>
>" Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
>installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?
>"
>
>-and-
>
>Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

Latest posts