replacing pins on Gottlieb System 1 edge connector

I use a very small flat blade screwdriver. I got in through the front
becaus your trying to push that tiny pin back down flat so that you can
pull the wire out. May not be the most advanced method but it works.
You can even do it by hand if your strong enough. Push in the
screwdriver so that it goes at least halfway down, pull it out and the
wire/pin should come right out. You can even look at the bottom to see
where your screwdriver is sitting in relation to that tiny pin you have
to get to lay flat.

Doug

I took one of those small jeweler screwdrivers and modified it on my
bench grinder to just fit in the slot. I just insert the tool in the
slot on top of the connector, then pull them both out. works great!
Plus I can use the same tool on the bally .100 and .156 connectors too!

steve (cargbp10).

arkanerd wrote:
> How do I get the old pins out of the connector?

I use a dental pic, works great. Don't pull on the wire till your sure
you have the little nib pushed down or it will just dig itself in and
become even more difficult to remove.

ztim

Do you Gottlieb System 1 hobbyists know of a source where to buy those
molex pins for a System 1 game? I have a friend who needs to replace
about 50 molex pins.(Roller Disco game) Also, I hear the crimping tool
to install them is pretty expensive. Do you have a method you use to
install them without the crimping tool? Thank you in advance for any
replys.

I also find that you can buy them in bulk off of Ebay. Sometimes you
get them still attached to the metal piece they are attached to from
the factory. But, it doesn't take long to cut them off with some side
cutters and Ebay can get you a bunch for a cheap price. Ed is usually
my main source, but sometimes a deal comes along on Ebay I can't pass
up.

Doug

A simple push-pin, the kind used to hold things to a cork board, works
nicely.

- Steve B.

"arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the old pins out of the connector?

There are a number of sources. Great Plains Electronics is a good source
for an inexpensive crimper and the pins.
Pinball Resource also has the pins.

- Steve B.

"GOCATGO" <rcdollar@msn.com> wrote in message
> Do you Gottlieb System 1 hobbyists know of a source where to buy those
> molex pins for a System 1 game? I have a friend who needs to replace
> about 50 molex pins.(Roller Disco game) Also, I hear the crimping tool
> to install them is pretty expensive. Do you have a method you use to
> install them without the crimping tool? Thank you in advance for any
> replys.

GPE would be the place to get Molex pins.
www.pinrestore.com/Tools.html and
www.halted.com both have decent inexpensive crimp tools. I offer a
decent one as well for $31 shipped priority in the US. It can be
viewed at: http://www.papinball.com/crimp tool.

Don't try and install that many connectors without a crimp tool. It is
a real PITA! If your friend is in the hobby for the long haul, it is
worth the money to get a tool.

Jim
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

GOCATGO wrote:
> Do you Gottlieb System 1 hobbyists know of a source where to buy those
> molex pins for a System 1 game? I have a friend who needs to replace
> about 50 molex pins.(Roller Disco game) Also, I hear the crimping tool
> to install them is pretty expensive. Do you have a method you use to
> install them without the crimping tool? Thank you in advance for any
> replys.

Radio Shack carries a molex crimper also. If I remember right it runs
around $14, works well.

zTim

Thanks for all the advice and replys. I'll pass it along to my friend.

TRENDING THREADS